Old 12-09-2019, 12:08 AM
2016cayennebase
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 cpo transfer private party

hello

i am a soon to be owner of a 2016 cpo

it was first purchased as cpo with 6k miles

if i buy it from this private party how do i transfer the cpo warranty?

do i just contact porsche of north america?
Old 12-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I may be wrong about this, but I believe the CPO is on the vehicle regardless of the owner. Basically if you need warranty work done, the SA is going to determine if the vehicle qualifies for warranty work by the VIN. I would still go on the PCNA website and register yourself to the vehicle.
I just purchased a CPO in early November and had to bring it back for service 3 weeks later and they didn't care if the vehicle was in my name (I actually did not even have the title yet), they just used the VIN as the selling dealer had sold it as certified. CPO is transferable for the term of the CPO (2 years)
Old 12-09-2019, 02:48 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer80
I may be wrong about this, but I believe the CPO is on the vehicle regardless of the owner. Basically if you need warranty work done, the SA is going to determine if the vehicle qualifies for warranty work by the VIN. I would still go on the PCNA website and register yourself to the vehicle.
I just purchased a CPO in early November and had to bring it back for service 3 weeks later and they didn't care if the vehicle was in my name (I actually did not even have the title yet), they just used the VIN as the selling dealer had sold it as certified. CPO is transferable for the term of the CPO (2 years)
Almost correct. CPO is supposed to be canceled if the car is resold by a non-Porsche dealer or agent. It remains valid for Porsche-Dealer to New owner, or Old Owner to New Owner.

Quick Reply: 2016 cpo transfer private party