Sponsored By:

wheel arches

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:33 PM
jjcrews01
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel arches

I have a 2013 Cayenne S and was wondering if the 2015 S wheel arch extensions would fit my 2013???

It’s because I have a two-tone colored car, with black on the bottom and 21” wheels. I would like to purchase the 2015 arches so I can color match the top portion of the arches and keep the bottom pieces black.

My current arches are currently all black and not extended. They are also a single piece for each of the arches. I believe the 2015 arches have the separate pieces to keep the top portion of the arches color matched with the body and the front/back bottom pieces black.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 AM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 2015 cayenne S with the 21inch wheels and therefore the extended arches. You mentioned you have a two tone color. Mine is white and has the plastic black arches. Mine are textured black plastic. There is no slot section down near the side skirts so it would be black below that line, and theoretically I could paint the higher section of the arch. It’s one arch, so if I painted the whole thing white, it would look funny near the side skirts being black with white arches next to it. If you look at the Turbo version there is a notch. I think the primered and ready to paint versions are smooth, and have the notch. That’s what you have to buy. I’m tempted to buy those and have them painted for my car. Not a fan of the black arches unless your car is black.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

John Young - There's a set of the primer arches for sale in the marketplace right now..
Old 03-21-2018, 07:28 PM
jjcrews01
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by John Young
I have a 2015 cayenne S with the 21inch wheels and therefore the extended arches. You mentioned you have a two tone color. Mine is white and has the plastic black arches. Mine are textured black plastic. There is no slot section down near the side skirts so it would be black below that line, and theoretically I could paint the higher section of the arch. It’s one arch, so if I painted the whole thing white, it would look funny near the side skirts being black with white arches next to it. If you look at the Turbo version there is a notch. I think the primered and ready to paint versions are smooth, and have the notch. That’s what you have to buy. I’m tempted to buy those and have them painted for my car. Not a fan of the black arches unless your car is black.
I currently have a white 2013 S with the black non-flared arches. I noticed some of the 2015-2017 S models have the colored match top arch with the bottom black bottom pieces. That's what I'm trying to go for and the more I'm researching, I'm thinking that they would fit the 2011-2014 models too.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:30 PM
jjcrews01
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
John Young - There's a set of the primer arches for sale in the marketplace right now..
Hmmm... I'll check

Quick Reply: wheel arches