Sponsored By:

Blue Spark - question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:57 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blue Spark - question

For those that have installed blue spark, have you found a setting or configuration that materially increases throttle response?

I definitely can tell there's more hp...but 1st gear still has a touch of throttle lag...

Side note, not sure if wife will endure the new rattle sound in 1st and 2nd gear...
Old 03-11-2018, 12:44 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

The guys from BS told me the current boxes appear to work best in the E map (for post-fix vehicles), but I didn't actually go that high before I took it out. I'm going to continue to play with it, and they are supposedly going to be working on the maps to better work with the post-fix vehicles, so hopefully there will be some updates coming.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:32 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
The guys from BS told me the current boxes appear to work best in the E map (for post-fix vehicles), but I didn't actually go that high before I took it out. I'm going to continue to play with it, and they are supposedly going to be working on the maps to better work with the post-fix vehicles, so hopefully there will be some updates coming.
That's the setting we've had it on. We took it up to "8" and definitely you can feel big difference. Just a hair bit laggy still in first gear...
Old 03-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

The Bluespark simply takes 2 readings (Boost and Fuel rail pressure) and sends adjusted signals to the ECU to make it deliver more fuel and boost - that's all. It can't change anything else, especially throttle response.

That said, the post-fix Malone tuned CD I drove also has the throttle lag, but the owner tells me you just learn to drive around it instinctively - it's reminiscent of an 80's turbo car.. you apply throttle about a 1/2 second before you want to go.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:52 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I tried mine on E and still stumbles at light throttle and rattles really bad.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:24 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

Seems like BlueSpark needs to totally redo the maps for the post fix CD's. Not sure how they're going to do that without access to a US Spec CD...
Old 03-16-2018, 12:00 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Agreed. Unhappy with the BS so far. Noisy, unsettled. Sounds like it's doing damage to the car. Improved mileage but not worth the downside so far.

Originally Posted by docwyte
Seems like BlueSpark needs to totally redo the maps for the post fix CD's. Not sure how they're going to do that without access to a US Spec CD...
Old 03-16-2018, 09:13 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Agreed. Unhappy with the BS so far. Noisy, unsettled. Sounds like it's doing damage to the car. Improved mileage but not worth the downside so far.
im returning mine on Monday...going to call my dealer and ask if they ok with Malone and not disrupt warranty.

Curious, looks like you have experience with both Diesel and S...have you ever driven a diesel with Malone? How close does BS get to mimicking your S?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:13 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Don't ask if they're ok with the tune. Either do it and revert it back to stock everytime you bring it in, or don't do it.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:40 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Can we swap ECU's like I used to do in my Audi?
Old 03-16-2018, 02:39 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Don't ask if they're ok with the tune. Either do it and revert it back to stock everytime you bring it in, or don't do it.
^^ this

It's also generally not the dealer's call. They may not "rat you out" but in the end, it's up to PCNA when a warranty claim comes into question.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:59 PM
Newegg
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheconvert

im returning mine on Monday...going to call my dealer and ask if they ok with Malone and not disrupt warranty.

Curious, looks like you have experience with both Diesel and S...have you ever driven a diesel with Malone? How close does BS get to mimicking your S?
I
I asked my dealer about tunes just the other day. They said what tune? I was like well, ya know, after you do your fix. They said I don't know what your talking about, your tires are fine. I stopped asking questions after that and we discussed the weather.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:25 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Can't really swap the ECU's like the older Audi's. I did the same thing in my old 97 A4. The new ECU's are totally linked into the VIN of the car, swapping the ECU requires aligning it to the rest of the car and VIN.

Honestly just flash the car back to stock everytime you take it into service, not a big deal.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Can't really swap the ECU's like the older Audi's. I did the same thing in my old 97 A4. The new ECU's are totally linked into the VIN of the car, swapping the ECU requires aligning it to the rest of the car and VIN.

Honestly just flash the car back to stock everytime you take it into service, not a big deal.
OK, thanks. Just need a tune that gives me the capability of self flashing.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:14 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by Newegg
I
I asked my dealer about tunes just the other day. They said what tune? I was like well, ya know, after you do your fix. They said I don't know what your talking about, your tires are fine. I stopped asking questions after that and we discussed the weather.
haha!

Anyone have trouble returning Blue Spark and getting money back? They havent responded to any of my emails...

Quick Reply: Blue Spark - question