Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Blue Spark - question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 01:04 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

When I contacted them, it took a few days, but they were willing to let me return, or if I wanted to wait to check-out the updates, they would extend the return period. They seemed willing to work with me, so I'll give them a bit of time to see what they come-up with.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:51 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

I did get a refund but only after I emailed them again after I saw they received it back. Got some lame excuse that their system marked it as refunded already since they refunded the VAT.

That they should've never charged me to begin with.

Never even took the thing out of the box, I was so pissed off that they charged VAT when they shouldn't have, and only refunded it when I asked them
Old 03-17-2018, 06:57 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheconvert

haha!

Anyone have trouble returning Blue Spark and getting money back? They havent responded to any of my emails...
Took me 2 emails to get a response. They said the first was flagged as SPAM. But not problem getting OK to return.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:24 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

The S and Diesel feel largely the same around town but the Diesel feels like it has better torque and less lag. Oddly, the S is rated at the same torque as the Diesel at a lower RPM but doesn’t feel it. That’s without the BS box. With it in the factory configuration of the BS box (C map, 6) it is slightly better on the low end but not a ton.

I’ve exchanged a few emails with BS. They seem genuinely interested in sorting this but seem to be having a hard time probably because they can’t get their hands on a post fix US diesel and they’ve said the tuning box effects different cars differently. That said, most complaints here sound similar. Probably would be better for them to stop selling stateside until this is figured out. I’ve got to stick with them. I missed the return window.

im returning mine on Monday...going to call my dealer and ask if they ok with Malone and not disrupt warranty.

Curious, looks like you have experience with both Diesel and S...have you ever driven a diesel with Malone? How close does BS get to mimicking your S?
Old 03-17-2018, 02:56 PM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wife just drove it 600 miles at E-8, she said its better but still stumbles sometimes, think I will remove it and wait. I've had it over a year, I will contact them and see what they can come up with in the future. Maybe they will be honorable and remap it, when and if, they can reconfigure them.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
OK, thanks. Just need a tune that gives me the capability of self flashing.
Malone + the Flashzilla is the ticket then! The car throws all kinds of scary looking error message while Flashzilla is uploading and it takes a while (like 10 minutes), but it's worth it.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
Malone + the Flashzilla is the ticket then! The car throws all kinds of scary looking error message while Flashzilla is uploading and it takes a while (like 10 minutes), but it's worth it.
Eskimo - can u outline a few details about driving experience? In particular:
-how is throttle response compared to stock? In particular 1st gear? I have noticed that when you are just driving from a stop light throttle response is good. If however, you're turning left and need to accelerate a but quicker to beat traffic, there is sometimes a delay (almost like a 911 turbo)...especially if I'm drifting at 5mph. Does Malone help there? Blue Spark did a little bit...
-what does flash do? You can control settings of your tune with your phone?
-seems like you did not do a custom tune? Why did you choose to do it yourself vs others have done custom? What's difference?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:45 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

See my answers below in red...

Eskimo - can u outline a few details about driving experience? In particular: I can chime in here, based on driving my friends CD that's tuned...
-how is throttle response compared to stock? In particular 1st gear? Throttle Response is better, but there's still lag. Putting it in "Sport" helps some, but doesn't erase it completely
-what does flash do? You can control settings of your tune with your phone? The Flashzilla is a flash loader. It stores the tuned file and the stock file and you can swap between the two at will. It will also read and clear trouble codes. You can't control it with your phone
-seems like you did not do a custom tune? Why did you choose to do it yourself vs others have done custom? What's difference? What Malone does is take your stock tune and then use it as a basis for their tuned file. Not really a "custom" file per se, to my knowledge there aren't any true "custom" files available. That would entail flying the tuner in and then them spending the day tuning the CD on a dyno...
Old 03-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
See my answers below in red...
Doc nailed it!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:29 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Thanks Team. I just ordered Racechip's version of sprintbooster...going to see if that helps with lag before I jump on Malone. I will report back when I drive it.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Talked to BlueSpark today about sending mine back, and they said they have a few boxes on the way to US customers with new mappings flashed to the units. They said they might have some good info by the time my box gets back to them, so it sounds like they are at least working on the issue.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:55 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

I installed Racechip last night (xlr, which is Throttle Booster), and I'm very pleased. They have a competitive product to BS as well which I will likely try next.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

So did you get just the XLR, without either of their tuner boxes? Does it just change the way the throttle responds?

I installed Racechip last night (xlr, which is Throttle Booster), and I'm very pleased. They have a competitive product to BS as well which I will likely try next.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:59 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
So did you get just the XLR, without either of their tuner boxes? Does it just change the way the throttle responds?
yes, I posted some detail in another thread last night

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...e-booster.html

Old 04-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke Edd from Bs he stated they have made improvements on their tune for 2015/16 fixed cd’s.
so I sent back today my pro tuning box and pro tuning box+boost for both my 16 cd’s
will report back how they perform

Quick Reply: Blue Spark - question