Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone have access to service records?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone have access to service records?

Hello,

Does anyone here work at a dealership or have access to dealer service records? If so, I desperately need a copy as I'm trying to figure some things out. Please PM me if you can help! Any help would be confidential.

Joel
Old 02-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Even the Porsche dealers don't have access to vehicle service records unless serviced at that specific dealership Your best bet is to get a CarFax, see where the car lived and then call the Service Manager(s) at those local dealers to see if it was serviced there and what was done. They won't print out and give you anything, but they may review the stuff that has been done over the phone with you.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Even the Porsche dealers don't have access to vehicle service records unless serviced at that specific dealership Your best bet is to get a CarFax, see where the car lived and then call the Service Manager(s) at those local dealers to see if it was serviced there and what was done. They won't print out and give you anything, but they may review the stuff that has been done over the phone with you.
The PO of my Cayenne was nice enough to leave the paperwork in the glove compartment, but when talking to my service advisor here in PA, he was able to see the work that was done at the dealership in MO looking in the "system".. He was able to tell me when the brake fluid was flushed, cabin air filter changed, etc..

That said, I agree with Petza. Pull the carfax, see where it was sold & serviced, and ask nicely on the phone.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:42 AM
cfiiman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated, get the CarFax then track down the Serice Advisor at the dealership and see if they will help. I've had good luck with some, not with others. Any dealership owned by the Penske group will not give out anything, but if you talk nicely to the SA they will sometimes just tell you what was done which is better than nothing.

Quick Reply: Anyone have access to service records?