Sponsored By:

hatch/door lights to LED

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts
Default hatch/door lights to LED

It's bugging me that the only lights on my CD that aren't LED's are the 2 in the hatch, and the matching ones in the doors. I can see why, since part should be red and part white, but it COULD have been done with LED's.

Anyway, has someone found a good plug-in LED replacement? Because of the short depth, I'm thinking that something like there will have to be used...
Old 01-18-2018, 05:07 PM
chiapet15
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have replaced all of those bulbs in the doors and hatch with these wedge LED bulbs:
Amazon Amazon

They are quite bright (and do a good job at illuminating the ground around the car, as well as the trunk area) and I haven't had any issues with them.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:43 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 138 Posts

I find the circuit board style are much less prone to errors.

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=123

Upside is they shine red out the reflector and white toward the cargo area. They're also the same ones used under the doors to illuminate the puddle area.

Bear in mind that while replacing the rear hatch lights with LEDs does GREATLY improve the cargo area lighting, it does make for a brighter amount of light in your face. Which makes it a little harder to see the close/lock buttons up on the hatch. There's not really a way around this, unless you use dimmer bulbs, but then you defeat the intent of making for better cargo area illumination. So, yeah, the placement of those buttons and the light are 'less than ideal'.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
I find the circuit board style are much less prone to errors.
http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=123
Upside is they shine red out the reflector and white toward the cargo area. They're also the same ones used under the doors to illuminate the puddle area.
Bear in mind that while replacing the rear hatch lights with LEDs does GREATLY improve the cargo area lighting, it does make for a brighter amount of light in your face. Which makes it a little harder to see the close/lock buttons up on the hatch. There's not really a way around this, unless you use dimmer bulbs, but then you defeat the intent of making for better cargo area illumination. So, yeah, the placement of those buttons and the light are 'less than ideal'.
PERFECT, thank you! Time to go spend some more money unnecessarily!

Quick Reply: hatch/door lights to LED