Sponsored By:

alignment with pdcc

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 05:19 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default alignment with pdcc

Going to my local indy shop, which setting do you the alignment setting on ? Normal height or low height ? or special setting to do alignment on ?
Or pending on which setting you drive most on ?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Subscribed. I'd like to know also. I would think it would be the height that you normally drive in
which for me is one step below normal.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:30 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche instructs the alignment be done at the normal level.. However what I've seen is a few times is people who only drive in "low" and they end up with tires that wear on the insides because when you go to low level you get a lot more negative camber. If you drive exclusively in low then I would recommend the alignment be done in low level.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:20 AM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been told my multiple shops that the alignment is to be done in the normal setting. One shop I even mentioned that I nearly exclusively keep it in the low setting, yet they still recommended it be done in the normal setting.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:07 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
I've been told my multiple shops that the alignment is to be done in the normal setting. One shop I even mentioned that I nearly exclusively keep it in the low setting, yet they still recommended it be done in the normal setting.
Yes, this is what my P dealer specifies as well. And BTW, an alignment has nothing to do with the PDCC option, it's the air suspension height setting that's in question (and you can have an air suspension equipped Cayenne without the PDCC option.....but with PDCC, you do have to have air suspension and PASM).
Old 01-20-2018, 12:01 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^
This is what i found :

Special notes for vehicles with air suspension
If the vehicle is a Cayenne with air suspension, it must be adjusted to normal level. The vehicle must be switched from terrain level to normal level
(unlike on the Cayenne up to model year 2010). The vehicle may be aligned and adjusted in this position only.

If the control unit or one of the self-levelling sensors has been replaced, a calibration must be carried out with the Porsche System Tester.
Adjust vehicle to normal level:
Stop vehicle and apply brake.
Close vehicle doors.
Adjust the vehicle to terrain level. To do this, tap the rocker switch on the centre console in the appropriate direction until the vehicle is set
to terrain level.
Open the door.
Select normal level.
Get out and close the door. The vehicle switches to normal level.
Deactivate the levelling system using the Porsche System Tester.
Do not get back into and out of the vehicle again after setting it to normal level for suspension alignment. This can give false alignment results.
Then adjust to the vehicle's normal level again. The middle indicator light next to the rocker switch lights up permanently. If another indicator light
comes on, a different level is set.
To avoid level adjustment of the air suspension during alignment, switch off the levelling system and switch it back on again when the work is
complete. See: Vehicle Lifting\Service and Repair - section on Switching off levelling system.
Information about wheel-alignment corrections for rear axle
WARNING
Steering-angle sensor not calibrated or calibrated incorrectly
Unexpected vehicle handling
Steering-angle sensor does not function
Malfunction in steering-angle sensor
--After working on wheel suspension parts, when replacing the steering-angle sensor, and after changing the wheel alignment values, calibrate
the steering-angle sensor using the Porsche System Tester. See: Brakes and Traction Control\Antilock Brakes / Traction Control
Systems\Steering Angle Sensor\Testing and Inspection
--Keep the front wheels in straight-ahead position on the measuring platform during calibration.
--Check the actual value of the steering-angle sensor after suspension alignment where no changes were made to the wheel alignment values.

Vehicle height (vehicle height check) - Preliminary work
To check the height, position ready-to-drive vehicle (fully tanked with tyre repair kit or spare wheel and tools) on a flat surface or on the
measuring station. The normal vehicle level must be set for vehicles with air suspension. Please read Special notes for vehicles with
air suspension under.
To avoid level adjustment of the air suspension during alignment, switch off the levelling system using the Porsche System Tester and
switch it back on again when the work is complete.
Compress vehicle at front and rear axles by approximately 25 3. mm 2-3 times and allow it to spring back freely.
Vehicle height check (vehicle height) - rear axle
The distance is measured from the middle of the wheel to the lower edge of the wing -X- .

Quick Reply: alignment with pdcc