Im ordering new Cayenne Biscay blue with Black interior
21” Cayenne Exclusive Wheels
Matrix LED
Seat Heat+ Ventilation
Ambient Lighting
Reversing Cam
Soft Close doors
Lane change assist

** Black interior, Standard or Full leather ?
please help me with pros and cons of both

thank you in advance
Old 01-16-2018, 06:23 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Moving to the 958 forum where it better fits.. hang on..
Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by puridet
Im ordering new Cayenne Biscay blue with Black interior
21” Cayenne Exclusive Wheels
Matrix LED
Seat Heat+ Ventilation
Ambient Lighting
Reversing Cam
Soft Close doors
Lane change assist

** Black interior, Standard or Full leather ?
please help me with pros and cons of both

thank you in advance

Full leather, without a question. I find it odd that $120K cars are shipped to dealers with all options and luxury, but with generic looking plastic dash.

May I ask why you are willing to pay New pricing for a 2018 Cayenne when the brand new model is coming out in mere months, with entirely different exterior and interior.
(unless by 2018 you mean the "new" Cayenne)

To each his own but just wondering why? may be you dislike the new body style....
Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Desmotesta is buying the new 2019 because it is the Biscay Blue color. I vote for full leather. Love it on my 13 C2S. BTW can you tell us how much of a discount you received? Which model are you ordering? The public configuration does not yet show all the interior and exterior color choices that will be available.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:39 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Two things I didn't order on my '17 where the painted black grille treatments and the soft-close doors. The weatherstripping is tight and more than a few times the last door closed doesn't quite smush the foam enough to fully close. So +1 for that choice.

I have the leather dash, along with the contrast stitching (which works for black/cohiba brown) but probably not for your color selections. I agree it looks better than the base vinyl/plastic. I didn't go for the added applied leather to the interior vents. I've seen it and it's not the same sort of improvement you notice going from base dash to stitched leather.

I disable LCA almost immediately. It only works when you use the turn signal, otherwise the sensors aren't active. Were it Lane Keeping Assist (adjust the steering to stay in lane) it might be more useful. I do have the ACC (cruise control) and it's eerily excellent to use. The way the camera is integrated into the grille could be better though, but there's requirements for what it takes to make that kind feature function. Making the choice again I might be inclined to skip it. But the new nav options might make it worthwhile.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Definitely full leather - always. Only con is cost.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:12 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Definitely full leather - always. Only con is cost.
Well, and maintenance...leather needs upkeep, no question. But looks, oh yeah, leather, no question!

TXCOMT
Old 01-21-2018, 12:08 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

I have full leather and carbon fiber package. I would vote for leather but not the carbon fiber. If you can get the Yachting Mahogonany Mahagany Mahogany? Get the leather & wood package, it's stunning.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:23 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Having seen the yachting mahogany in Steve's white Turbo, I agree, it's a nice looking option if you 'get' the teak/holly combination often used in boats.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:46 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
It only works when you use the turn signal, otherwise the sensors aren't active.
LOL. That gave me a chuckle. I imagine a German engineer saying - "Why would anyone change lanes without using turn signals? It's an impossible scenario." But I actually agree, especially in conditions where LCA would be relevant.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:39 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
I disable LCA almost immediately. It only works when you use the turn signal, otherwise the sensors aren't active.....
The sensors on my 2017 S light up without using the turn signal for my LCA.....
Old 01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeearly
I have a 2018 Cayenne loaner today with LCA and the sensors on the mirrors light up without the turn signals on.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Originally Posted by porscherex
I have a 2018 Cayenne loaner today with LCA and the sensors on the mirrors light up without the turn signals on.
Really? I'll have to go re-read the manual on mine and check the settings. I could swear it the lights on the inside of the mirrors would light up only when I'd engaged a turn signal AND there was a vehicle in range of that side's sensors.

Hmm, the manual says:
If the turn signal is not set, Lane Change Assist will inform you about detected vehicles that will be regarded as critical for a possible lane change. Whenever Lane Change Assist regards the speed difference and distance of a detected vehicle as critical, a weak light appears in the warning indicator on the relevant mirror.
It also goes on to mention there are brightness settings for the lights. I'm betting I'd dimmed mine to a point that I don't notice them. I'll have to re-check later...
Old 01-23-2018, 01:04 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Same on my 2013 with LCA...indicator light comes on whenever a car is beside me.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:09 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I really like the full leather. I've had mine almost 3 months and i'm still discovering things that are leather-covered...like the grab handles on the front console by your knee (not sure if this is specific to the leather-only, but it seems that some Cayennes we test drove had rubber or vinyl handles). Also the suede-like material on the pillars.

Quick Reply: 2018 Cayenne Decision on interior