NEED MORE POWER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 10:56 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NEED MORE POWER!

Whats up everyone?

So as some of you know I have the Fabspeed bypass pipes and the EVOMs Tune on my cayenne and I love them both but I need more power! Whats left I can do? The EVOMs tune is fantastic.. although I have the slightest belief that I could squeeze a little more HP out of another tune regardless it is very good but I want just a little more HP until I am completely satisfied.

I dont have the turbo so IPD Plenum I would think is a waste and even if I had the turbo numerous people are "Ehh" about it. I then thought grab a pair of intake filters but I find that to be a waste of money. Nothing I can really take out of this cayenne to save weight and even that is stupid.

What can I look into? I plan on taking this truck to the track in the summer on weekends.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just saw this add - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=188869999
Old 01-14-2018, 09:03 AM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add a proper xpipe section. I’m in the middle of putting on a lightweight crank pulley that I bought a while ago. It’s a one off piece. I’ve also added filters and replaced the ribbed intake pipe with smooth silicone. I also plan to delete the cats, run a xpipe with a custom muffler setup. Then I’ll get it tuned on the next Ecu special. Only other thing you could try to play with is phenolic intake manifold spacers to play with runner lengths.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Whats up everyone?

So as some of you know I have the Fabspeed bypass pipes and the EVOMs Tune on my cayenne and I love them both but I need more power! Whats left I can do? The EVOMs tune is fantastic.. although I have the slightest belief that I could squeeze a little more HP out of another tune regardless it is very good but I want just a little more HP until I am completely satisfied.

I dont have the turbo so IPD Plenum I would think is a waste and even if I had the turbo numerous people are "Ehh" about it. I then thought grab a pair of intake filters but I find that to be a waste of money. Nothing I can really take out of this cayenne to save weight and even that is stupid.

What can I look into? I plan on taking this truck to the track in the summer on weekends.
Dont take this the wrong way but you would be FAR better off by buying a second toy car, something light and more fun to drive than a 4600 lb Pig. Make modifications to IT and have fun throwing it around the track or street.

Used caymans are the same price as a Honda civic now and even 997s can be had for under $30K ( in case you wish to remain in the Porsche family)

You may find yourself going down a road that is full of constant longing (for more power) and a lot of "still not enough" feeling, and even when you do find a way to add 10, 20 or even 30 HP, you will realize that you are adding it all to a 2+ Ton vehicle with a high center of gravity.

just my 2 cents
Old 01-15-2018, 11:12 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Dont take this the wrong way but you would be FAR better off by buying a second toy car, something light and more fun to drive than a 4600 lb Pig. Make modifications to IT and have fun throwing it around the track or street.

Used caymans are the same price as a Honda civic now and even 997s can be had for under $30K ( in case you wish to remain in the Porsche family)

You may find yourself going down a road that is full of constant longing (for more power) and a lot of "still not enough" feeling, and even when you do find a way to add 10, 20 or even 30 HP, you will realize that you are adding it all to a 2+ Ton vehicle with a high center of gravity.

just my 2 cents
No, that's my 2 cents, too...get a toy for speed. You'll be glad you did! Good advice, D!

TXCOMT

Quick Reply: NEED MORE POWER!