Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My New 958 2012 CS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:00 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

So stopped by my club detailer and he said may need to have that part of the hatch repainted, yikes! Does anyone know if that part of the hatch actually comes off or is it part of the actual hatch? I think it comes off.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:21 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

It's a beautiful Cayenne with that color combo, exterior and interior. Nice build. Just sorry to hear about the paint damage. I hope you get it all sorted out 100%. Congrats, it's a really nice one.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:42 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Not as bad as it looks. My detail guy said to have it repainted. However we will see. The painter who painted my 911 mirrors said it could be buffed out (maybe). Last resort is painting it. Will see when I get back from Zone 8 Concourse and no I am not entered (yet). But will next one in the area.

So car is running great. No strange starts and stops. Shifts are smooth, however I want to give it a good workout. I'll be driving it to the Zone 8 event a few hours away tomorrow so will air it out. Question, do all 2012 Cayennes come with a hood pad? This one doesn't seem to have one. I found one to order. I wonder how many clips it takes? I love the PCM. Years ahead of the one in my C2S and my 957. Bluetooth and USB are wonderful. I just plug in my 4gb USB with hundreds of tunes and away we go! Poor M5 doesn't get any more love.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:23 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Zone 8 Concourse event, Palms Springs, Ca.
So I took the Cayenne to the PCA Zone 8 Concourse in Palms Springs, CA. It was a great concourse. I entered the car into the wash and shine. I was the only Cayenne there. I wasn't able to stay for the awards so will see if I won anything. Maybe not. I advised the Judges of the scratch and the missing tow hook. Will be interesting to see my scores. The car is set to be appointed to the club detailer in February for the full monty. Once it's baselined (scratches, paint, clay, carpet steam clean and leather etc.) I will try again. Here is a pic of the car before judging.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:11 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

I just ordered a few items for the Pepper. Hood insulation pad and a tow hook cover. I am going to order the black hatch trim next week. My Cayenne S hood did not come with a hood pad, anyone know how many clips are needed? The 2nd week of February the car is being appointed to the detailer for a baseline cleaning and polishing and protecting. Engine clean and all. After that I am on the march for some summer wheel/tires. I think the ones on there now will last the winter as they are winter tires. The car has the 19 inch stock wheels.

Cayenne and her little brothers at the Zone 8 show.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:11 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know if the glass window on the rear hatch of the 958 opens? I know the glass window on my 957 does. Thanks.

Couldn't get anything on google.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:19 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Does anyone know if the glass window on the rear hatch of the 958 opens? I know the glass window on my 957 does. Thanks.

Couldn't get anything on google.
It does not. Not like the 957 design.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:54 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Good news and bad news. Good news is I won my class in the Zone 8 concourse!! I was really surprised. It was a lot of fun. The bad news. I was on my way to the Autocross awards banquet and decided to take the 997. I pulled it out of the garage. I thought I would put the new Cayenne in the garage. Well it wouldn't fit(I have a small garage). I backed it out and put about a foot long deep scratch on the rear panel and along the door. The car hit the summer wicker chair The scratch is deep. Definitely went through the clear coat and even the base coat. I am in a very deep depression now. I just got this car and already luck is not with me. someone please talk me off the ledge!!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default Scratch on 958

scratch even was on the black trim, do I need a new one?

Door handle scratch too. .
Here are some really scary pics of the tangle with my new 958 and a wicker lawn chair in the garage. Very deep scratch. Considering calling in the insurance company or find out how much from paint shop. Will the whole door need repainting?
Old 01-28-2018, 05:17 PM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very tough to spot repair these areas. Most likely will need whole door repainted. Same for the molding.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:03 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

So the car was dropped off at the paint company. DND Auto Paint and Leo is a wiz. He did my 911 mirrors in MBM. I always see Ferraris and Bently's and other high end cars at his shop. I think I want to get the body color wheel arches too. Wonder how long it would take for them to come in.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:14 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have a DIY or know what it takes to remove the rear latch handle trim on the 958 cayenne S rear hatch? It is part number
​​​​​​Part Number: 95851257602G2XRear

Old 02-04-2018, 03:22 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
Very nice, I like the two tone interior. With that many miles, did the service records ever show a transfer case replacement? Interested to know, as I just bought a 2011 with 115,000 miles.
I spoke to the Rancho Mirage Porsche service tech in Palm Springs. Car was under service warranty there. They said it didn't appear the TC was changed. Car was serviced there up to 100k miles. May need to get more details though.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:27 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Here you can still see some scratches, will probably have this whole piece painted.

scratches gone!!

I did ad the gloss black hatch trim, looks nice with the gloss black package I have on the car.

Well got the car back from the paint shop. They did a good job. They lost my tow hook cover so they will be replacing it. I will have the paint shop do some more scratches that I saw he missed when he paints the tow hook cover he lost. Next is the dual exhaust tips from Wotesi in gloss black.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:03 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Have them paint those license plate screws while they're at it

Quick Reply: My New 958 2012 CS