Sponsored By:

New to be to the 958 comunity

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 11:44 AM
bambino911s
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to be to the 958 comunity

Hello all P-Car enthusiasts, so I’m about to pull the trigger on a CPO 2017 Cayenne with 8250 miles that was a demo at the Porsche in Weston FL. The car looks really nice and has the color combo I’m looking for as I already have a triple black 911 but want to ask the experts here what’s you opinion on the car, price and any discounts I could possibly ask for. This is the vehicle https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2853/overview/

Thank you all in advance, very grateful for this forum and for being part of this comunity
Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 AM
importtuner
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 71 Posts

Honestly, that's a bare bones Platinum Edition without any options. For that price, you can get a Platinum Edition with/partial leather, 14-way seats, premium package plus, lane change assist, ventilated front seats, front and rear heated seats, LED, pano roof, etc., especially for leftover 2017. In my opinion, I wouldn't even make an offer on that. I guess it depends on what your budget is and what you want out of that car. The Platinum Edition is much nicer than a base, but this example is pretty much bare bones. The listed price is about 11% off MSRP. I'd keep shopping if I were in your boots.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Bambino, I agree with Import's sentiments above for the most part except that I have a 2014 Platinum Edition and I don't think yours is Platinum. The ad says platinum silver wheels, not Platinum Edition as far as I can see. It's really not very optioned up and is that cloth I see on the rear seats? If that is the case the price seems even worse. If I was going to replace my Cayenne, I'd either wait for the new base model with the turbo 3.0 or look at a used S. I have never liked the base model engine.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

From one newbie to another - Welcome!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:40 AM
m0ther
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Critically, it doesn't have ventilated seats. In a Black on Black vehicle. In Florida.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:26 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,076 Likes on 987 Posts

Welcome

I will share something I learned a long time ago about Porsches (SUVs/Panamera - their traditional sports cars aren't so dependent on optional equipment)

There is always a very noticeable difference between their "base" cars and "badged" cars, FAR more than any manufacturer I have ever come across.

When looking for our 958, we test drove the base, the S, GTS and the turbo models over a period of 1 week. (some were in the same day). There was such a huge difference in driving dynamics, vehicle feedback, handling and acceleration between the many models that it felt like we were driving different cars from different manufacturers. No other manufacturer offers cars that seemingly look so similar, yet offer such a completely different experience.

Of course everyone likes different things, but I would not buy a 958 without PASM, without air ride height, with a base engine and especially not without fully understanding the plethora of option items offered by Porsche.

There is a reason a Base or S Cayenne can be had for as little as $65-$70K and for as much as $120K.. the optional items can add up to the price of a new BMW. NOT saying all options are needed, but a lot of them transform the car and a lot of them are must have.

Good luck with your search
Old 01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
importtuner
Racer

Originally Posted by Mtea
Bambino, I agree with Import's sentiments above for the most part except that I have a 2014 Platinum Edition and I don't think yours is Platinum. The ad says platinum silver wheels, not Platinum Edition as far as I can see. It's really not very optioned up and is that cloth I see on the rear seats? If that is the case the price seems even worse. If I was going to replace my Cayenne, I'd either wait for the new base model with the turbo 3.0 or look at a used S. I have never liked the base model engine.
That's a Platinum Edition, Mtea. Its a bare minimum Platinum Edition, with what seems like no options. Here's the way to tell superficially: the 20" RS Spyder wheels with the platinum finish, the body colored extended wheel arches, and the gloss black window trim. On the inside, it comes with alcantara inserts in the seats with the Porsche emblem embossed on the headrests, and the aluminum door sill guards say "platinum edition." This one doesn't even have a sunroof. Just goes to show how basic the basic model is.

Last edited by importtuner; 01-07-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:58 PM
bambino911s
Advanced

guys thank you all for this great info, I really appreciate it! so my plans are to keep the cayenne as a DD and leave the 911 for the weekends with my ol’ Lady to ride with her hair out the window... and planing on keeping the cayenne for a while hence the preference with the CPO. Not a big fan of alacantara seats, but how bad or difficult is to maintain them looking good after a while? Also this particular model I don’t think has rear view camera, something I need here in Fl. The pano sunroof is nice also.

What at do you guys think I should ask for this one Instead?
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2894/overview/
Old 01-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Rbradleysd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bambino911s
guys thank you all for this great info, I really appreciate it! so my plans are to keep the cayenne as a DD and leave the 911 for the weekends with my ol’ Lady to ride with her hair out the window... and planing on keeping the cayenne for a while hence the preference with the CPO. Not a big fan of alacantara seats, but how bad or difficult is to maintain them looking good after a while? Also this particular model I don’t think has rear view camera, something I need here in Fl. The pano sunroof is nice also.

What at do you guys think I should ask for this one Instead?
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2894/overview/
That looks better equipped. You’d need to get the current mileage. It’s got P2, 4 zone climate, pano roof, S rims. I’d say assuming it’s 7000 miles (ish) I’d offer around 62-65 as that seems to be the going rate on CarGurus for P2 V6’s. There is one in Sarasota that looks really interesting. It’s got 14k on the odometer but has a full leather interior which is rare on V6 models. Might want to check that one out as well
Old 01-07-2018, 10:33 PM
importtuner
Racer

Thats's more like it. That's a very nice build. Black on Agate is a nice combo. It has the premium package plus. It also has the not often found 4-zone climate option with rear seat ventilation. Here's the dealer website:
http://www.porschewestbroward.com/detail-2017-porsche-cayenne-platinum_edition_awd-used-16536781.html?utm_campaign=deeplink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars. com

Here's a carfax:
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=EBZ_3&vin=WP1AA2A28HKA82328

MSRP of build is: $77,190

I've seen a dealer advertise $59k for that similar build (minus 4-zone), CPO, ~5000 miles MY2017, but for an undesirable color late last year. That's about 23% off. Bear in mind that this is an August 2016 build. Any confirmations on mileage?
Old 01-09-2018, 10:20 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Whatever you get, I'm going to parrot myself and state that getting a CPO is a great idea with these cars...we are really pleased with our local P dealer's response to concerns regarding our '14 S. Everything we've asked for -- and that should've been done before delivery anyway -- has been done; from new tires to a TC fluid swap, the dealer has done it. Now I've read Autonation has a pretty good warranty, too, but PCNA's CPO program is covering our S through 2020 and no limit on mileage. To me, it's worth paying extra for...good luck with your search!

BTW, there's no comparison between the base and the S, 'specially when the latter has air suspension and PASM. Our '11 base was certainly acceptable, but our S is exceptional!

TXCOMT
Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 PM
bambino911s
Advanced

So I stopped by the West Broward Porsche Dealership today and I have to say what a nice facility they have, super clean and neat but what not to expect from a P-Dealership right? So I test drove a new (MY2017) with 15 miles and the color/combo I’m looking for.
https://westbrowardporsche.com/inven...+Black+1126253

I have a deposit and will p/u in the next couple days, Final price was 76.4k. + taxes and dealer fees. Good deal? Warranty for 4/50k miles and just about 12% off MSRP. Deal it’s not inked yet so want to ask here for opinions on it. Thank you all for your really valuable help!!

And What a difference the S from the base, Definetly a nice kick!!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bambino911s
Deal it’s not inked yet so want to ask here for opinions on it.
I think it has basic non ventilated seats - for FL - i'd think ventilated would be nice option.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 PM
BallJack
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would prefer ventilated seats but not bad for a brand new car. Congratulations, should you decide to commit.
Personally, however, I would wait and spend the 76K on a 2019 Cayenne Base model though.
But to each his own. Some people prefer the current model than the next one.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:40 PM
importtuner
Racer

The S is far nicer than the base, dynamic wise. I gotta tell you though, the car is pretty basic in features. Those are 8-way seats w/out heating or ventilation. No PDLS lighting. Its up to you at the end of the day and what you're wanting out of this car.

Quick Reply: New to be to the 958 comunity