Sponsored By:

CPO Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:31 PM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CPO Question

My '12 CTT was involved in an accident and the effort to repair it required pulling the engine. I recently got the car back and have a slight antifreeze leak. The body shop has a warranty on repairs so I could bring it there and demand them to fix it, but it's also under a CPO so can I also ask a dealership to do the repair? I'm not sure what the source of the leak is but I do want to bring it in to have the transfer case evaluated and also to have the hood support strut replaced so I can ask them to look at it while it's there.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:23 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

intersting question.... I would be very surprised if the dealer would cover the leak under a warranty IF it were CAUSED by the repair shop not hooking up everything right when they pulled and replaced the engine. If you are just going to ask the dealer to look at the leak and give you their opinion on what caused it that might work but I'd be careful of how much effort they were going to go to -- if it involved pulling the engine to get to some back hose I just don't think they are going to eat the labor costs on that -- I am assuming that from your description you don't know where the leak is.

if the repair shop is reputable and I hope it was since you took the car there ... I'd probably go back to them and let them address the leak.

good luck
Old 01-01-2018, 01:14 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends. If the damage is from the accident then I highly doubt they will cover it. Every warranty repair now has to be documented with pictures of the problem. If something looks off i doubt the dealer will be willing to subject themselves to a charge back from Porsche. Your best bet IMO is take it to the dealer and tell them your situation up front. The reality is you should be covered either way, if its from the accident or a shoddy repair at the body shop you're covered and if its not then you're covered under CPO.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys. I have no clue where the source of the leak is yet, but I'll talk to the dealership and see what their thoughts are about fixing it.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:55 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You don’t know that the leak was caused by the accident repair so I’d take it to Porsche’s and ask them to check it out along with the other issues you mentioned. I’d prefer they work on it than the shop that did the accident repair.

Quick Reply: CPO Question