Sponsored By:

PSA - Porsche floormats at $137.49

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PSA - Porsche floormats at $137.49

Just a public service announcement - tequpment has Porsche winter\rubber floormats for Cayenne (set of 4) for $137.49 - I had my dealer pricematch to save on shipping
Old 11-30-2017, 01:50 PM
element
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got these and love them!
Old 11-30-2017, 08:42 PM
fatmatt0116
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone make a rubberized mat for the boot? I've got the plastic one and stuff slides around all over. Annoying.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Kirill
Racer

Originally Posted by fatmatt0116
does anyone make a rubberized mat for the boot? I've got the plastic one and stuff slides around all over. Annoying.
Isn't OEM Porsche mat rubberized ?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:06 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirill
Isn't OEM Porsche mat rubberized ?
There are two OEM mat types. The standard ones are carpeted with some sort of backing. The optional all-weather versions are completely rubber, a fairly flexible compound and thick. Like the carpeted ones, the rubber ones are available in a few colors to match the most common interior colors.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:06 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts

Correct, there's both carpet and rubber OEM mats. I have both, and the Weathertech ones. The front ones are very easy to swap out. The carpet ones are nice, easy on the shoes. The OEM rubber ones are good for rainy weather. The Weathertech ones are better for messy conditions (snow, off-road) but have a flap that sits over the 'Cayenne' nameplate on the door sill (which looks kind of awkward, but does its job). I typically keep the OEM rubber on the driver side, fabric on the passenger and the Weathertech mat in the back. The Weathertech one for the back is a bit more effort to install, in that it's larger and you generally need to slide the seats forward to get a good fit. Thus I tend to just leave that one installed all the time.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Kirill
Racer

Originally Posted by wkearney99
typically keep the OEM rubber on the driver side, fabric on the passenger and the Weathertech mat in the back.
3 different mats - That will mess with my OCD

I got the 958 GTS with Weathertech mats - they are good quality and deep - can hold a lot of dirt.
But I switched to OEM rubber mats - OEM is much heavier - I think Weather Tech may be 10lbs and OEM maybe 30lbs
I was thinking OEM for fall\spring and WeatherTech for winter, but I only had OEM rubber mats in 955 and i never bothered to switch to carpet ones for summer - so now I think I just going to sell Weathertech - don't really see a point of having both WeatherTech and OEM rubber.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:34 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Correct, there's both carpet and rubber OEM mats. I have both, and the Weathertech ones. The front ones are very easy to swap out. The carpet ones are nice, easy on the shoes. The OEM rubber ones are good for rainy weather. The Weathertech ones are better for messy conditions (snow, off-road) but have a flap that sits over the 'Cayenne' nameplate on the door sill (which looks kind of awkward, but does its job). I typically keep the OEM rubber on the driver side, fabric on the passenger and the Weathertech mat in the back. The Weathertech one for the back is a bit more effort to install, in that it's larger and you generally need to slide the seats forward to get a good fit. Thus I tend to just leave that one installed all the time.
Wow, glad I'm not the only one with 3 sets of mats! All OEM Porsche....I have my carpeted beige mats, the beige all-weather set, and a set of the unique Porsche Exclusive mats for the Cayenne. 99% of the time though, the rubber all-weathers are in there. I'm too paranoid most times to mess up my carpeted sets (especially the Exclusives), but then who the heck am I saving them for? (Note to self: use your nice carpeted mats more often!)
Old 12-05-2017, 08:39 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm fortunate to have black factory carpet, so color matching isn't an issue. I'm also fortunate that they're not 'special' so I don't worry about using them. I can recall someone making that point, some years ago, that you have the mats so the factory floor carpet doesn't get wrecked. They're supposed to be sacrificial.

For the back the Weathertechs win, no contest. For the front, yeah, the quality of the OEM rubber is much nicer. But when it's nasty weather I'm willing to make the switch to the Weathertechs, as they do catch any/all moisture in the footwell. The OEM rubber leaves a slight gap near the door sill that lets the underlying carpet get wet or muddy. So for just average conditions I'll leave the OEM in place because they look/feel nicer.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 PM
e30rapidic
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 244 Posts

haha I also have 3 sets of oem mats; the black rubber ones, black carpeted with PORSCHE in white and black carpeted with PORSCHE in red.

only ever used the rubber set...
Old 12-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Kirill
Racer

Originally Posted by e30rapidic
haha I also have 3 sets of oem mats; the black rubber ones, black carpeted with PORSCHE in white and black carpeted with PORSCHE in red.

only ever used the rubber set...
I hear you - for my 955 I got dealer to include brand new set of carpeted ones - never used it
Old 12-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any suggestions on the best place (cheapest) to order the factory all season mats online? I need a set in Black for my ‘17 GTS.

Thanks much, Rick
Old 12-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Kirill
Racer

Originally Posted by Rick
Any suggestions on the best place (cheapest) to order the factory all season mats online? I need a set in Black for my ‘17 GTS.

Ask dealer to pricematch,
or order here https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...58044801571e0/

Quick Reply: PSA - Porsche floormats at $137.49