Sponsored By:

Comfort Memory Function Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:25 AM
Doubled33
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfort Memory Function Question

I have a 2014 CD with the comfort memory package. Buttons for seat adjustments are on both doors. There is a setting for what I believe is called comfort entry that moves the steering wheel up and retracts it along with moving the seat back.

My question is when you have this setting turned turned on does your seat move back just a few inches say 4 to 6 or move all the way back?
Old 09-19-2017, 10:32 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubled33
My question is when you have this setting turned turned on does your seat move back just a few inches say 4 to 6 or move all the way back?

I only had that function enabled very briefly when I first got the vehicle. I don't care for it. But IIRC, when it was enabled, it only moved the seat back a few inches, not the entire length of the track. If it moved the seat all the way back, it would probably just take too long every time you got in and out of the vehicle. (?)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:55 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree ... I have it too and it moves the seat backwards only a few inches; your 4 -6 in number seems about right.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:03 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

my 11CTT has the function but it works extremely inconsistently, to the point where I now just keep it off.
1st, when it does work, the seat only move a few inches, and the wheel maybe less than an inch.
2nd, super inconsistently (and I haven't been able to reproduce it on purpose) is the seat will not scoot back forward after getting in and starting it up. 2 inches might not seem like much, but when it's the difference between firmly applying the brake and only lightly applying, it's kindof a big deal. Then, I'm sitting there holding the memory 1 button to get the seat back where it belongs.

FYI, on my 04 the comfort entry and exit worked perfectly.
For me, Off is a better option, though I do tend to move my headlight selector switch with my knee while getting in and out periodically. (sport seats)
Old 09-25-2017, 01:00 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

4-6 inches, but I suspect that may depend on the position of the seat when it's in the driving position.

If you're a tiny person and have it fully forward - it may well move back to the same location a taller person's seat would. IE - moves the side bolster on the seat back enough that you can slide in without stressing it. On cars that didn't have this feature - and have sport like side-bolsters - it's common to see the drivers side bolster with a lot of wear from sliding over it getting into the seat.

Mine has always worked. I like it. I leave it activated.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 PM
nstar8
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep...I'm having the same problem...sometimes the seat moves the correct driving position and sometimes it just stays in the ingress/egress position.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?...can it be accounted for with the X431 scan tool?
Old 09-26-2017, 02:01 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nstar8
Yep...I'm having the same problem...sometimes the seat moves the correct driving position and sometimes it just stays in the ingress/egress position.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?...can it be accounted for with the X431 scan tool?
There was a thread on this behavior before - sorry I didn't look for it - but if I recall the jist, it seems that this problem was duplicated when multiple keys were used to enter the vehicle. For example, you use key 1 to set the driving position and memory location #1. Memory location #2 is set with key 2 along with key 2 driving position.

Now if key 1 is used exclusively works fine. But if key 2 is used to lock and unlock or unlock and lock and then key 1 is used to enter and drive away, the seat may not be in correct key 1 position. Seems using multiple keys sometimes confuses the system. We'd all probably agree that that key behavior is a bug but probably not going to be fixed easily.

Perhaps this is also what you are finding. As I said, my memory from the thread may be off, so best to try and find the thread itself and have a read. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 PM
nstar8
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for that...Although I only use key1, whoever drives the vehicle.

I did notice today that if I start the car with the drivers door open, then the seat moves automatically to the correct position, and when I start the vehicle with the drivers door closed...only the steering wheel moves to the correct position, I have to manually select memory 1...
Old 09-27-2017, 09:12 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for that...Although I only use key1, whoever drives the vehicle.

I did notice today that if I start the car with the drivers door open, then the seat moves automatically to the correct position, and when I start the vehicle with the drivers door closed...only the steering wheel moves to the correct position, I have to manually select memory 1...
Iirc, it has everything to do with how quickly you put it into gear. As in, unlock, get in, start it and let it move into place. If you take it out of Park I seem to recall that will immediately cease the seat movement.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:05 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting. There's a data point I'll try and watch for. Sometimes I put my right foot directly on the brake and turn the key with my right-hand as I get in, while other times, specifically if I've got something such as a drink in my right hand I'll get in and shut the door before cranking.

I thought at one point it may have to do with whether I locked the car or not, or when I've locked it, whether I've used the key fob to lock/unlock or use the entry and drive system to do it. None of that seems to make a difference.

Quick Reply: Comfort Memory Function Question