Sponsored By:

Cayenne 2011 PCM CD changer not ejecting

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:04 PM
GhazzawiMan
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 2011 PCM CD changer not ejecting

My Cayenne 2011 PCM CD changer is working normally with the CD's already inside, But when i click the eject button nothing happens at all.

And when i select an empty magazine i get the message to insert it but when i try to insert a new cd it doesn't go in..

I have searched online everywhere and i couldn't find any solution so i hope i find an expert solution, Thanks in Advance.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:32 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

It's really doubtful that someone has fixed this on their own. It's a complex fiddly mechanism. You might ask the moderator to move this to the 958 subforum (that's what your Cayenne is..) where perhaps someone may have experienced this problem.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-242/

You can do that using the "!" Report Post button..
Old 05-07-2017, 10:59 PM
GhazzawiMan
6th Gear

Grateful
Old 05-08-2017, 11:59 AM
deilenberger
Banned

You give no indication where you're located.. in the US there is a Becker service center in New Jersey. I'm sure they could help - but you'd loose your PCM while they got the CD's out and fixed whatever is keeping them from ejecting. I'm assuming you have the PCM that has a 6-disk changer built into it, the one where you simply load disk after disk until it's full?

Maybe a complete reset might help - but no one has revealed the magic button press combo that does the reset from the front panel. It's possible some Porsche specific diagnostic tools have the capability to do it. Or worst case - take it out of the dash and remove and replace the big plug on the back that supplies power (the one with red wires in it..)

This sort of problem actually makes me happy that I don't have that option.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 PM
GhazzawiMan
6th Gear

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You give no indication where you're located.. in the US there is a Becker service center in New Jersey. I'm sure they could help - but you'd loose your PCM while they got the CD's out and fixed whatever is keeping them from ejecting. I'm assuming you have the PCM that has a 6-disk changer built into it, the one where you simply load disk after disk until it's full?

Maybe a complete reset might help - but no one has revealed the magic button press combo that does the reset from the front panel. It's possible some Porsche specific diagnostic tools have the capability to do it. Or worst case - take it out of the dash and remove and replace the big plug on the back that supplies power (the one with red wires in it..)

This sort of problem actually makes me happy that I don't have that option.
I'm located in Saudi and yes my pcm with the built in disk changer.

I will ill look for the rest key combination and post it if I found it. Thanks
Old 05-14-2017, 09:52 AM
GhazzawiMan
6th Gear

Hello
Just wanted to post an update..
Everyday I try to eject the cds by pressing the eject button constantly and finally yesterday it worked and ejected all the cds and even managed to insert a new cd.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:42 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Does the new CD eject?
Old 05-14-2017, 11:11 PM
GhazzawiMan
6th Gear

To be honest, I couldn't dare to try..
But I will try to put another one first then try ejecting the 1st one and update you.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2011 PCM CD changer not ejecting