Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Great, Good, Fair, or keep looking kind of deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
BladeMD
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

That private seller brings it to a dealer, they won't be offered much more than $42, guaranteeed. Inform them of this, have them test the waters if they don't believe you, and then make an offer in the $46-48 range. That is how I would proceed, but I'm one who would pass and wait for a better deal vs overpay for what I want now.... if you're sick n tired of the hunt and this is exactly what you want, no one will fault you for overpaying a bit.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by BladeMD
That private seller brings it to a dealer, they won't be offered much more than $42, guaranteeed. Inform them of this, have them test the waters if they don't believe you, and then make an offer in the $46-48 range. That is how I would proceed, but I'm one who would pass and wait for a better deal vs overpay for what I want now.... if you're sick n tired of the hunt and this is exactly what you want, no one will fault you for overpaying a bit.
I agree

Please remember, vast majority of buyers of this car wouldn't touch it without a great warranty, something a private seller simply cannot offer
You are in the driver's seat. Buy the car and try ti sell it in 3 months, see how low an offer you get and how few people even contact you
Just because the car happens to be what you want, doesnt mean you spend $6000-$8000 more... I WOULD pay what he is asking if it were CPO or if he was a dealer who could sell you a $6000-$7000 rock solid warranty
Dont ruin the joy of a car you have always wanted by buying it without protection nd for high price.. that JOY will soon be gone if the car breaks down and you are out thousands of $$$$ out of pocket.
those people who litter these forums with complaints about Porsche and its reliability are the ones who bought these cars without protection
Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good advise guys thanks.

Quick Reply: Great, Good, Fair, or keep looking kind of deal?