Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'13 958 GTS..Scolding hot water on driver's floor mat, Cold water on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:29 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts
Default '13 958 GTS..Scolding hot water on driver's floor mat, Cold water on passenger side

hello all

I have done some research and it seems water on passenger side is a common issue. but I didn't find any information on scolding hot water on driver side

Does anyone have any detailed information on where are the drains are and how to unclog them?

Thank you in advance
Old 02-26-2017, 12:46 PM
moosehead
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This may only be of so much help and is rather obvious, but scolding hot water has to be coming from the radiator or cooling system. My own default position would be to flatbed her to the dealer so as to not run your powerplant hot if the cooling system is breached and is running on no or thin liquids. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:46 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by moosehead
This may only be of so much help and is rather obvious, but scolding hot water has to be coming from the radiator or cooling system. My own default position would be to flatbed her to the dealer so as to not run your powerplant hot if the cooling system is breached and is running on no or thin liquids. Good luck.
That was my first concern also.

I confirmed the hot water was JUST plain water. Also been watching the coolant/oil/engine temps and all is normal

Car was in for major 40K mile service recently, they claim they cleaned out drains and cowl as part of service.

Issue didn't start till it got hot and we started using A/C.. before that , even after 2 car washes the interior was bone dry

I wonder if water from A/C drain is sitting in a hose till I make sharp right/left turns and the water comes pouring out.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:10 PM
tjrob2000
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Water from the AC will not be hot, but cold because it's only condensation. Also, I've learned that just watching the temps isn't enough. What is the level in your overflow tank? If that is dropping then you have a leak.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

What about the possibility of a leaking heater core, though that would be coolant not water. I'm not sure how you get scalding hot plain water from anywhere.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:47 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Update:

Dealer informed me that A/C drain is clogged. Water is leaking into passenger area, and the warm water on driver side is due to water traveling past heater core.

They are charging $338 to clean drain area, modify/reroute A/C drain per Porsche instructions so the clog doesnt happen again (ha!) and includes diagnosis labor of 1 hour..

Quick Reply: '13 958 GTS..Scolding hot water on driver's floor mat, Cold water on passenger side