Interior clean up

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:50 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts
Default Interior clean up

We recently picked up this '13 GTS

At first glance it seemed the dealer did a good job of cleaning a 3 yr old car...

upon closer look, things are far worse... my OCD got the best of me .. lets see how long it stays this clean...

Beforevent)

After: (vent)

Before :

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Ordered a couple of bottles of Leatherique rejuvenator and Prestine clean .. a complete cure and clean (Leather) happening in the next couple of weeks..

I will leave the exterior polishing and paint correction to a professional, someone I trust...
Old 02-25-2017, 08:15 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Be careful with the Leatherique - it tends to clog the vent holes in the seat leather if you have ventilated seats, and it will discolor that pretty yellow stitching you have on the dash.

BTW - since you have KESSY - you are not supposed to remove the fob from the dash. It is supposed to be removed using a key stuck in the slot to the left at about 8PM on the assembly. Just pulling it out will eventually break the catch and it will cost you a bunch of money to fix.

FWIW - I have a small retracting detailing brush that lives in my glove box. When I'm sitting in the P!G waiting for my wife to finish shopping I'll dig it out and start dusting. Keeping after it that way keeps the accumulation under control. Forget were I got the brush, but it's really handy. The bristles retract into the handle.

Oh - your second hand appears to have gone AWOL from the clock. Easy to fix. Was that you who mentioned this in another post about getting the P!G?
Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Be careful with the Leatherique - it tends to clog the vent holes in the seat leather if you have ventilated seats, and it will discolor that pretty yellow stitching you have on the dash.

BTW - since you have KESSY - you are not supposed to remove the fob from the dash. It is supposed to be removed using a key stuck in the slot to the left at about 8PM on the assembly. Just pulling it out will eventually break the catch and it will cost you a bunch of money to fix.

FWIW - I have a small retracting detailing brush that lives in my glove box. When I'm sitting in the P!G waiting for my wife to finish shopping I'll dig it out and start dusting. Keeping after it that way keeps the accumulation under control. Forget were I got the brush, but it's really handy. The bristles retract into the handle.

Oh - your second hand appears to have gone AWOL from the clock. Easy to fix. Was that you who mentioned this in another post about getting the P!G?

- you are right about leatherique.. I have used it with caution on other "extended leather" cars

- I dont have Kessy.. I have a fob that goes in the key hole.. no other way to get in/out of car or start the car..
- yes, the second hand is sitting at there bottom.. I am thinking about swapping the clock for a used one from Fleebay
Old 02-26-2017, 05:05 AM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the "easy way" to fix the clock please? Need to know in case mine goes in my new to me 2012 S. Thx
Old 02-26-2017, 03:16 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by quickster2
What is the "easy way" to fix the clock please? Need to know in case mine goes in my new to me 2012 S. Thx
I wrote it up somewhere.. basically:

1. Remove center dash panel (pull up using the side vents. I use an upholstery tool under the edge to help it up, other people haven't bothered.)

2. Disconnect plug from clock. It's fiddly.

3. Remove two screws and remove clock from panel.

4. Carefully unscrew the bezel on the clock - don't lose the second hand. A plastic ring will come off too - it's obvious where it goes back.

5. Use a tiny dab of adhesive on the end of the second hand shaft and gently reinstall the second hand.

Assembly is the reverse of disassembly.

Might take 30 minutes the first time. About 5 minutes the next time.

Quick Reply: Interior clean up