Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the court link ...
Old 06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
wernerga3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osu s2k
I have an a8 tdi, is there a preferred attorney group that the cayenne owners have migrated to?
This is my attorney

https://www.hbsslaw.com/cases/volkswagenaudi-emissions

They have all the court documents on the site and have been very helpful so far.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:33 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by osu s2k
I have an a8 tdi, is there a preferred attorney group that the cayenne owners have migrated to?
Just saw this article and feel for VW...they have definitely lost a significant amount of market share I believe.

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive

Originally Posted by visitador
This law firm is one of the lead attorneys in the class action lawsuit.

http://blockesq.com/about-us/

You can contact them to voice your concerns about the 3.0 diesels. All the parties seem to be more concerned about the 2.0 engines. From the couple of communications I had with this law firm they seem to be quite knowleagable about the issues.

You can also follow what the court is doing through this website:
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl
Wonder how they are going to make up for lost value on all those 2.0 liter diesels especially VWs which seem beyond a fix. And if the 3.0L fix results in hits to mileage and residual value still. This is one big mess. Heard also that VW is reducing the number of brands/model lines by 2025 in part due to this.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:20 AM
Dr Cayenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expected compensation

I believe VW owners had a fair compensation for their TDIs. Their cars are being bought for fair prices + they've got $5000 per vehicle. This is in most instances at least 1/3rd of their car's value.

So my question is what is the expectation for Cayenne owners? Obviously our cars are worth much more and there is no denying that our resale values (and possibly "buyer pool" for our cars) are affected adversely.

Do you believe our cars will be bought back by Porsche? Monetary compensation? Or are you set with a modification that doesn't affect performance and do not care about the loss in second hand value?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Dr. Cayenne,
found this article today:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-so...161252690.html
doesn't answer your question though.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:26 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Cayenne
I believe VW owners had a fair compensation for their TDIs. Their cars are being bought for fair prices + they've got $5000 per vehicle. This is in most instances at least 1/3rd of their car's value.

So my question is what is the expectation for Cayenne owners? Obviously our cars are worth much more and there is no denying that our resale values (and possibly "buyer pool" for our cars) are affected adversely.

Do you believe our cars will be bought back by Porsche? Monetary compensation? Or are you set with a modification that doesn't affect performance and do not care about the loss in second hand value?
No, I don't think any Cayennes will be bought back; given what's been said about the relative ease of the fix, it would make no sense whatsoever to offer a buyback program.

I think they will offer a cash payment and it will be (or should be) scaled appropriately for the brand and vehicle price/value and loss of value.

Assuming - with all that goes with that - that the fix doesn't impact performance, including mpg (personally, I'm OK with a slight increase in DEF, since it's cheap stuff) - then a payment to compensate for the loss in value is completely fair.

If you're done with your Cayenne, take the payment, trade or sell it at the lower value and you're whole. The payment they offer is to counter that loss in value, not because they want to apologize for the lying they did. Well, maybe the payment is slightly larger than the strict loss of value as a loyalty retention measure.

On the other hand, maybe the payment will include more "intangible" calculations. While Porsche is a performance brand, it's also a lifestyle brand (a la Harley and Apple) and there is a risk in not addressing the those intangible aspects of being a Porsche owner. Especially Cayenne owners, since there are many SUV (diesel and not) options out there. And if a Cayenne owner defects to, say LR and their new Sport diesel, will they then move to Jaguar sport cars, too? VW is a car company... Porsche is so much more, so it will be very interesting to see what they come up with. With Audi as the "middle child", it'll be interesting to see what they do with the Audi vehicles, too.

I guess we'll see... and, since this is all speculation, I could be completely wrong on the whole thing, too!
Old 06-24-2016, 03:17 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

re: lifestyle & expectations ^^^
There was an interesting comment in the latest issue of Panorama about how US Porsche dealers are not always giving Porsche loaners for warranty and non-warranty work and that this has to be corrected as Porsche buyers have expectations that need to be met. Sounded like PCNA may assist the dealers with costs and vehicles in a few ways. But also of note was the fact that once the CD's start to come back for the diesel fixes, there will need to be a much larger fleet of Porsche loaners available. It will be interesting to see if and when that actually happens ... I also wonder if that implies the potential fix is not simply a 1 - 2 hours re-code ... I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for answers and let's hope the July date holds and is not delayed any longer (low expectations) ...
Old 06-24-2016, 03:41 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Well... this morning's post Brexit currency hayakas may mean payments are less, because the dollar costs more to buy! D'oh!
Old 06-24-2016, 03:52 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Not really. They are making more money from US sales. Is Porsche going to lower the price of their products just because the Euro is lower?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:11 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

I was also curious if damages will be prorated...im sure the cayenne diesels are 70-85 well equipped so you would hope they settle accordingly
Old 06-24-2016, 11:23 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Not really. They are making more money from US sales. Is Porsche going to lower the price of their products just because the Euro is lower?
No, they certainly won't lower prices because the Euro is lower... but they'll plead poverty and say they can't afford high payments because the Euro is lower! They'll play both ends of the argument to their benefit, of course!
Old 06-25-2016, 05:27 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I saw a little snippet on cable news that south korea has issued an arrest warrant for a vw exec in conjunction with the diesel scandal.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Given how little we have been told my guess is that we are all going to eat the realized and yet to realize depreciation that these cars are going to suffer from. As soon as the stop sale is over, every single dealer is going to blow out their new-old inventory. That's what my sales manager told me; he doesn't care how much they loose, they just want them off the books.

Porsche is becoming increasingly arrogant... just look at the how they handle production of cars that enthusiasts really want (GT3, GT4, 911R). I am sure they think there is enough brand loyalty that no matter what people will keep buying. For example, a friend with 3 P-cars in the family told me that I was a fool for selling my 911 and buying a BMW for track use because BMWs crash.... yep...
Old 06-26-2016, 02:28 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Actually, if the fix is a good one, maybe I should buy another one at whatever depressed prices.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:09 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually, if the fix is a good one, maybe I should buy another one at whatever depressed prices.
^^^ Great idea! Best car I have ever owned, despite my grumbling about loss in value!

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue