Sponsored By:

ANDROID 5.0 OS & 2013 CAYENNE PCM PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:01 PM
jfitzoz
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ANDROID 5.0 OS & 2013 CAYENNE PCM PROBLEMS

Recently, I upgraded my Samsung Note 4 to the Android 5.0 operating system. The blue tooth system works on the 2013 Cayenne Diesel PCM with the upgraded OS, but doesn't transfer the phone book contacts list. I received text messages and phone calls without a problem, but I cannot call using my PCM phone book. I must use my Note 4 to make the call from my device contacts list.

I contacted the local Porsche dealer and they are not aware of a software upgrade for the PCM.

I contacted Samsung and AT&T and they claim they are aware of the problem, but cannot help me despite several attempts to transfer the phone book to my PCM.

People with iPhone and Android 4.4.4 operating system phones have no problem transferring their phone book/contacts list to my PCM.

I cannot revert my new Andriod OS back to the prior OS.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, is there a solution you can advise me about.

Thanks in advance of any and all replies!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:23 PM
JOZO200
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wifes android phone running lollipop cannot even connect to the PCM via bluetooth so no handsfree for her at this stage . (Her old Kitkat 4.4 had no issues)

I received a call for the local Porsche dealer advising there is a new PCM upgrade 3.1 so hopefully this will resolve any issues we have
Old 05-16-2015, 10:07 PM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm just the opposite. After upgrading my GS4 to Lollipop, I'm getting texts AND emails through the PCM.

I haven't tried to make any calls from the address book though.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

its not just on the car, I am seeing compatibility issues in other areas also, they need to fix it
Old 05-20-2015, 07:38 PM
jfitzoz
Track Day

Today, I took my 2013 Cayenne to Niello and had the PCM updated to the latest software upgrade, but there was no improvement in my ability to see my contacts in the PCM. Otherwise, blue tooth works fine in my car between the Samsung Note 4 and the suv.

However, Niello techs were able to transfer my Samsung Note 4 cellphone's contacts/phone book to a brand new Cayman's PCM.

I am waiting to see what Porsche tells Niello about the phone software update, etc, and my Cayenne's PCM.

Stay tuned...............
Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 AM
jfitzoz
Track Day

It's official, according to Niello Porsche, Porsche Cars North America has received many complaints from Porsche owners about the updated smart phone operating system, Android (5.0). Porsche's PCM software upgrades do not fix any blue tooth data transfer problems. The blue tooth data transfer issues will continue until there is an upgrade by Google, Samsung, Porsche or AT&T fixing said problems.

This is not an inconvenience issue, but a safety issue. Thank you Google, Samsung, AT&T, etc. You have made some Porsche owners more likely than not to get killed while operating their motor vehicles and making telephone calls. Hope you cannot sleep at night.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:39 PM
jfitzoz
Track Day

Spoke to Porsche Cars North America today and they have confirmed the problem and basically have their hands tied until Google updates the Android operating system.

Anyone else out there have problems with their upgraded Android operating system smart phones and Porsche motor vehicles?

Please advise.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:17 AM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jfitzoz
Spoke to Porsche Cars North America today and they have confirmed the problem and basically have their hands tied until Google updates the Android operating system.

Anyone else out there have problems with their upgraded Android operating system smart phones and Porsche motor vehicles?

Please advise.
I have Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus 6P and it seems to work well with phone lists and making calls on 2012 Cayenne turbo with updated PCM.

Quick Reply: ANDROID 5.0 OS & 2013 CAYENNE PCM PROBLEMS