Sponsored By:

'16 GTS DD Journey

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 03:16 PM
GuntherGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default '16 GTS DD Journey

My plan here is to track my ownership journey with my somewhat newly acquired 2016 Cayenne GTS.

I'm new to Rennlist and Porsche, coming from Lexus (IS300) and BMW (M3).

Previous to the cayenne I spent the last 6 years putting 75,000 miles on my BMW E46 M3 (6-spd). A one owner car sourced from Ohio-Based Enthusiast Auto Group with 40k miles, I'm proud to state that car has never seen the inside of a dealership (or shop) under my ownership, with the exception of tires and alignments. Lot of DIY maintenance on that platform, but i really enjoyed it. All in all, not a bad run considering it never left me stranded even through quite a few lovely sub-zero Wisconsin winter cold starts, and numerous cross country road trips.

As much as I enjoy the M3, life changes and a proper all weather daily driver was needed. After helping my girlfriend source her Macan GTS 2 years ago, I started looking into an option for myself. I always gravitated towards the Cayenne GTS looks/power and the idea of having something with lots of room to sit in traffic, or tow with, seemed ideal.

I ended up finding a 2016 Cayenne GTS last spring. My search (I was picky about options) actually took quite a bit longer than anticipated. Originally my plan was to find a used cayenne to bridge the gap while I put in an order for a new '22 GTS and waited for the build. However, after spending a few months and long road trips in the car, I have since grown quite attached to the current cayenne. For now I've decided i'm going to run it for a few years and hold off on a new build.

I'll be filling the log with my experience driving, previous maintenance, some issues I ran into, and some current projects (Picture Heavy).

Some pictures from the day I picked up the car.

This was a one owner car and the previous owner did an excellent job with his choices. This is nearly identical to what I would have spec'd (with the exception of possibly adding PTV and Thermally Insulated Glass).

2016 Cayenne GTS (Build Sheet)

-Meteor Grey Metallic
-Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara
-Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
-Seat Ventilation (Front)
-Seat Belts in Garnet Red
-Porsche Crest on Headrests (front and rear)
-Instrument Dials in Garnet Red-Premium Package Plus
-Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
-Grab Handles in Carbon Fiber
-Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
-Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
-Infotainment Package w/ HD Radio
-Sport Chrono Package
-Lane Change Assist (LCA)
-ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View
-4-zone Climate Control
-21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheels in Black with Wheel Arch Extension
-Trailer hitch without tow ball

Spoiler

Last edited by GuntherGTS; 01-01-2023 at 03:21 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by GuntherGTS:
motorzen (01-01-2023), techi14 (01-03-2023), Trio (01-01-2023), waterpanda (01-10-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Glenncal1
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Like the carbon fiber grab handles and shifter. Looks like a great build. Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
GuntherGTS (01-05-2023)

Quick Reply: '16 GTS DD Journey