Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What year or model would makes sense to make a safari offroad Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

958 Diesel - mechanical AWD with a locking Torsen center diff like Audi quattro.

As mentioned, Eurowise... https://eurowiseoffroad.com/portfoli...esel-overland/

Last edited by Vegas993; 11-30-2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:21 AM
cyberbrutus
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcgoodlett2
Good on you for considering building a Cayenne into a competent offroad ripper as they are exceptional to say the least...that said, as to which model (955, 957, 858.1 958.2) to consider, it all depends on what you want to do with it - rock crawler, mall crawler, or rally raid rig that has gone triple digits pace offroad...I've taken a 2015 Type 958.2/Turbo Diesel Cayenne and turned it into a Rally Raid raid rig that is definitively NOT a rock crawler (that requires big lift/frame drop, massive tires with bead lock rims, etc,) nor a mall crawler (that has a ton of stuff you don't need but sure looks purty) and instead now have something that can do the business on gravel trails done at pace in the Appalachians...so before giving you a bit more on what I have done [and the other ten or so who have built them on my spec], the real question is what do you want to do with it in total?

Here's a bit of mine for reference (or go check my instagrammy of @jcgoodlett2 for mountains more including some trailers for the "PUNTERS: Porsches In The Offroad" film short now making its way in film festivals:

Can you provide wheel and tire specs please?
Do you have a build thread ? I started on off road build journey recently and really like the subtle mods.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:28 PM
Stephen Krause
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 958 transfer case information

So interesting information regarding the E2 transfer case which have issues. Porsche did a recall on them when they understood this was a bigger issue then a couple of vehicles. The transfer cases received an extended warranty from what I found on line; 10 years from model build from 2011 to 2015 I believe. and from 2016 it was 7 years so something to remember.
Also for the 958s If the PTV + option was installed then it did have the rear differential lock. this was covered well in another thread.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:10 PM
SouthBaySC
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with a 13' CD and am slowly acquiring all of the eurowise parts catalog. Parts seem to be great quality. Trying to get it ready for its first off road / desert excursion next month. Looking great so far. Love the Audi Diesel, tq for days and fairly bullet proof aside from the Emissions system issues and pesky timing cover leak. but a tune and a DPF / EGR delete will be fixing the first of those shortly....

From looking like a rental car...

to this....

in about 15 hours...
Old 05-01-2024, 06:03 PM
ara
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

Any
further updates? How loud are those tires on the highway.

Quick Reply: What year or model would makes sense to make a safari offroad Cayenne