Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just got my 958 Cayenne S today - mod ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:02 PM
Jonathan Farmer
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just got my 958 Cayenne S today - mod ideas?

Hey Guys, Im excited to be joining 958 gang today, just got this new to me 2012 Cayenne S, my first ever Porsche. I was wondering what kind of mods you guys recommend on this car, and what you've done to yours. The only two things that I'm dead set on so far are getting the calipers painted red, and getting clear side markers from Suncoast. I was considering getting the OEM wheels powder coated black as well. Let me know what you guys think I should do to it!

The following users liked this post:
OCNYPORSCHE (06-17-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 07:09 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Farmer
Hey Guys, Im excited to be joining 958 gang today, just got this new to me 2012 Cayenne S, my first ever Porsche. I was wondering what kind of mods you guys recommend on this car, and what you've done to yours. The only two things that I'm dead set on so far are getting the calipers painted red, and getting clear side markers from Suncoast. I was considering getting the OEM wheels powder coated black as well. Let me know what you guys think I should do to it!

looks great
We are also looking for black or blue with Luxor beige interior , 2011- 2015
Good find
The following users liked this post:
Jonathan Farmer (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Slam08
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats! Your mods are your preference. But I think the GTS tinted tail lights look great on dark cayennes. Mines blue but you get the idea.

Original
Old 06-15-2020, 09:58 PM
Jonathan Farmer
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slam08
Congrats! Your mods are your preference. But I think the GTS tinted tail lights look great on dark cayennes. Mines blue but you get the idea.

Original
wow, that looks amazing. Are those the oem tails or did you get them tinted?
Old 06-15-2020, 10:20 PM
Slam08
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I got the tinted tail light kit from sun last and sold my oems on eBay. Ended up costing about the same as the quote I got from a local shop to take the tail lights out and have them tint them. They said the cost was high bc it was 4 separate lights that had to come out and put back in.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:50 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,760 Posts

Hi, Congrats and welcome to the forum. How many miles on the car and options, i.e. air suspension, etc....?

I say that because that should dictate on what gets done first.

1. Any maintenance to bring the car up to top notch status.
2. Pay Rennlist to become a member. support the place that is going to support you.
3. Clear side markers
4. Paint your calipers
5. Change your wheels and save the silvers for winter.
6. Post somemore pics for the members

Old 06-16-2020, 11:10 AM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 94 Posts

Modifications I've done to 2014 CTTS:

Wheels: Came with 21" wheels with P-Zeroes (295/35-21), which I use in the summer. I got some 19" wheels with Blizzaks for winter and have been very happy with those. When the P-Zeroes wore out, I replaced with Michelin Lattitude 3 and have been pleased with them. When those wear out, I'll probably give Michelin PS4S a try as they're now available in 295/35-21 and I've been really happy with them on my Boxster Spyder. Depending on where you live, a winter wheel/tire setup is very nice. If you don't get snow/ice and don't plan on thrashing your Cayenne in the summer, you might want to consider some all-season tires.

Clear side markers: I got some and some silvered orange bulbs. Looks good to me.

Secondary cat bypass: Picked up some HHR resonated pipes from fellow Rennlister for about half retail. I like them. Nice low bass rumble at startup/idle, no whine/drone at speed and turbos seem to spool faster (subjective, I know). That being said, not sure I'd pony up full retail for a set, but that's just me being a tightwad (this from a guy with two P-cars in his garage.....).

Mine came with black tinted rear lights and turbos have the red calipers. Mine also had the window trim blacked out so my buggy is totally murdered (black exterior, black interior, black wheels). The red calipers look nice on my rig. I've thought about getting some GTS style black headlight units but the cost seems high.

I haven't done a tune on mine but with the TTS having 550HP stock and the 2nd cat bypass, I haven't wanted for power in any situation I've been in over the past 5 years. My personal opinion is that on non-turbo vehicles, ECU tuning doesn't add that much for what it costs.

I haven't had any issues with coolant pipes (search for threads on this) detaching due to "glue". I change transfer case oil every 20K miles and haven't had an issue with mine. Mine didn't have the aluminum variocam bolts; might want to check yours as it's 2012 (search for threads on this; seems pretty easy to check).
Old 06-17-2020, 09:10 AM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

You have some good ideas going. I have a 2013 CS that looks identical.
I've done a couple upgrades I really love.

First is replacing the window trim with black trim. Can be a little pricey, but really ties the black altogether. https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...and-r-diy.html

i also did the CarPlay upgrade which definitely gives a more current radio interface.

adding one of these console trays is something I really like and makes getting those few things I keep in the console a lot easier to get to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Center-...53.m2749.l2649

Finally, having my radar detector hardwired and a mirrormount saves me from tickets almost daily.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:22 AM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 311 Posts

RAudi driver is spot on with his list.

Enjoy. Beautiful Cayenne S
Old 06-17-2020, 03:00 PM
TRD_Power
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like RAudi Driver said, definitely do all of the basic maintenance items (Engine air filters, cabin air filter, oil, transfer case fluid, front/rear diff fluid, brake fluid, spark plugs, maybe coil packs, etc.). If you're wanting to improve the looks a bit, you could paint the rocker panels and fender flares to match, maybe toss on some Turbo wheels. One small/inexpensive thing I did that makes a big difference in the overall look at night is switch the old license plate bulbs out with some white LEDs that aren't too bright. Other than that, I'd just detail it inside and out, then call it good.

Quick Reply: Just got my 958 Cayenne S today - mod ideas?