Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Looking for advice 2013 Cayenne Diesel.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Munny
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice 2013 Cayenne Diesel.

Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your insight.

I am trading in my 2006 Duramax and have 2 used vehicles in mind. I am inquiring here because I prefer to do my due diligence and become informed. I have read the sticky section, as well as research on consumer reports etc.

My dilemma:
1. 2015 Audi Q7 TDI (25k miles) $33k
2. 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel (100k miles) $21k

I was all for the Audi in my initial looking process until I put my butt in the Cayenne. Needless to say.... I was instantly converted.

My concerns are as follows. The Cayenne is not CPO, but was very well maintained with documented service records from Porsche dealerships. It was a single owner vehicle, and carfax comes back clean with no accident reports. The vehicle is in very good condition.

My initial thought is that the mileage is pushing my comfort level. However, I know my Duramax was not considered broken in until 100k miles. Any advice on this matter?

Should I look for something with less mileage, or would you even consider purchasing a Cayenne with 100k on it?
Old 07-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

hey - so - i have a 2013 CD with 70k miles on it. It's been (mostly) trouble free. I love the car. I'm not sure I'd want one out of warranty though. If you do, do get it inspected. The most $ repair other than a trans or a transfer case will be addressing a known issue on the 13 cars with the cam housing. If that leaks, it's an engine out repair. You will see it via oil on the transmission bell housing under the car. On mine, they have had to replace the injector seals a couple times following that service as they seeped. Looks like oil leak but its dried up diesel.

Other than that, most of the issues with these have been emissions system related, for example the adblue heater or injector, but those should be covered by emissions warranty.

Remember, the CD got extended warranty, so ask a dealer to print out the end date of the one you are interested in. Mine for example, i bought it CPO, so it has base warranty + CPO + CD warranty which is essentially 8 years unlimited miles.

I do plan to sell mine when the warranty is close.

here are the "issues" mine has had:
clock second hand - clock replaced 2x
driver window control switch panel - worked but switches sensitive, switch panel replaced
timing shaft oil leak - slight seepage on bell housing, drop motor to replace seals
adblue heater--Check engine light P202A000 - Ad Blue Heater failure. - part replaceddef injector failure —Fault code with CEL 15474 -
injector seal leak #4 injector - replaced seal (related to engine drop service)
emissions recall fix - emissions fix performed
Replaced all injector seals (related to engine drop service)
Replace right side injector seals (related to engine drop service)
Old 07-14-2019, 02:52 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 159 Posts

WHy don't you look for a Cayenne diesel with the same budgeted amount for the 2015 Audi. You do get the ten year diesel warranty, but if my memory serves me, it ends at 100k. There are a decent amount of younger and lower mileage CD's out there for 33k. You could buy an extended warranty for the 2013. Even if it costs you $5k, you will be in good shape.

There is a nice moonlight blue with luxor beige for sale at a Kia dealer in Union City, GA. Nicely equipped. Has 55,600 miles and asking $34,449 on Cargurus. I'm sure that they are negotiable.Take a look at the Porsche pre-owned search portal on Porsche North America's website. Hendrick, where I bought my CD has a nice 2014 with 88k for $29,988. Listed for $82k new. If you do call them, ask for Drew. He tok fantastic care of me.

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...allic+23022011

Quick Reply: Looking for advice 2013 Cayenne Diesel.