Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Removal of the temperature control and fan switches

I have searched AllDataDIY and found something called "switch console" which I think is what I need to remove, however, there are no instructions on how to remove it. Given that this thing is 100% clipped in plastic with a few screws, I don't really want to attempt without factory instructions.

My driver side fan switch is stuck -- it will not allow to turn the fan speed down, only up (it "clicks" when going up, but nothing down, and is slightly depressed in place).

Ideas?
Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

The AC buttons are all part of one U-shaped console that fits around the front of the shifter.

AC button panel for 958 Cayenne

I had mine all apart when I was researching how the auto stop/start module would have to be installed. You can't remove the buttons themselves from the top side. You have to get the whole panel out and then dig into it. I have not pulled the panel apart so I can't comment on that process. It's expected to be serviced as a whole unit so take care when popping things apart, you're not going to be able to order individual pieces (at least I don't think so).

Some posts here might help: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-removal.html
Old 07-15-2019, 08:48 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Also consider this panel is built similarly to other Porsche models around this model year. Perhaps someone with a Panamera or other model has dug into a similar panel?
Old 06-09-2020, 09:09 AM
matthew.a.tanner
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Matt my fan switch is doing the same thing, I was gonna tear into the center console this evening, but wanted to see how your journey went? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:53 PM
matthew.a.tanner
Rennlist Member

I just fixed the switch today if anyone is curious. If you watch the video it describes what causes the issue, when you translate it it comes out to “receiving superior blow“. Probably took an hour, and saved me from having to replace the panel. Any questions just lmk.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:18 AM
L99app
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue fan button sunk

Matthew,

having the exact same issue with Porsche Cayenne fan button (mines the temperature button). Slightly sunk goes up but not down. See your post about removing the console - once you did this was you able to just reset the button in position. Or was it broken and needed replacing?

Garage will charge £65 to fix it if this is the issue - so worthwhile if I know it can be clicked back into place once removed.

See picture for sunken button.

Regards.

Last edited by L99app; 10-14-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:23 AM
matthew.a.tanner
Rennlist Member

No you just reset it. If I remember you just pop it back into position once it’s all disassembled. During re-assembly I had popped it back out again, so had to re do it, but otherwise, pretty easy.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:12 PM
TTGator
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 79 Posts

That video posted above was helpful, but needed translation and could be much improved, so I went ahead and made in improved video while I was at it. Nothing was broken for me either, in fact I wasn't even sure it would be fixed after reassembling but it was!

Quick Reply: Removal of the temperature control and fan switches