Sponsored By:

Cayenne 958 Diesel Tune???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 06:07 PM
911x958
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 958 Diesel Tune???

I'm looking to do a DPF delete on my 2013 Cayenne Diesel. There isn't many products out for it so I'm wondering if anyone has done it and also what tune would you recommend? Thank You!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:31 PM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 299 Posts

Lots of interest; but , most people are afraid of jeopardizing their warranty if something goes wrong.
Myself included.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Dr. Vader
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very curious as well.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

Malone Tuning seems to be the go to diesel tuner.

I have no plans of doing anything until the warranty is up
Old 06-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Malone is one of the most popular ones around for the VAG diesel's. The "stage 2" tune is impressive, but changes the driving dynamics of the car... Not necessarily in a bad way.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:29 PM
YaNi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the Malone Stage 1 (post-fix) tune and have the trans reflashed to pre-fix. The trans is definitely worth doing since it gets rid of the high shift points during warmup.

I feel like I've wasted money on the engine calibration. I emailed Malone and they were intentionally vague as to the change points. It seems that you need to do the full emissions delete to get it back to the pre-fix state.
There is no perceivable change to part throttle operation with the Stage 1 (non emissions delete). I don't really care much about the increased torque; it's really not significantly faster and will never be a V8 Turbo. Fuel economy is exactly the same and turbo lag is exactly the same. The only time you feel any difference is at WOT.

I just wanted to make it drive like it's old pre-fix self, but am not willing to remove the emissions equipment. I'm not going to make my luxury SUV smell like an old school bus. Despite what anyone tells you, it will smoke at WOT and it will smell sitting in traffic with the windows down.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:05 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

The tune doesn't do that and they never said it would...
Old 06-15-2019, 08:23 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Doesn't anyone offer an oem reflash back to prefix?
Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 AM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 299 Posts

Agreee, Would LOVE an OEM reflash back to prefix!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YaNi
I have the Malone Stage 1 (post-fix) tune and have the trans reflashed to pre-fix. The trans is definitely worth doing since it gets rid of the high shift points during warmup.
Did Malone do the trans flash as well, or was it the guy from the t-reg forums?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:13 PM
YaNi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

It was the guy on the ClubTouareg forum.

I will caution that it didn't work properly out of the box and I received zero after purchase support. I received a module in exchange for mine and never heard from him again after I sent back my module for him to "take a look at." I sent multiple followup emails over the span of a month and not a peep.
It had a DTC when I installed the TCM for failure to communicate with the cruise control module and I couldn't clear it; the fault would return immediately even though the cruise worked fine. It would also shift like an old Chevy with a shift kit when cold really slamming shifts. I ended up buying a VCDS V2 cable on a prayer than it would communicate with the Cayenne. Surprisingly the TCM is the best supported module on the Cayenne it seems; the VCDS cable is otherwise not too useful on the Cayenne. I ended up resetting all adapations and somehow that cleared the DTC and made it shift properly. My next step was to buy another TCM on Ebay or take it to the dealer and have them flash it back to Post Fix.

He's in York, PA, so maybe you could get it done face to face and hopefully address any issues immediately.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:44 PM
RomSL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will caution that it didn't work properly out of the box and I received zero after purchase support. I received a module in exchange for mine and never heard from him again after I sent back my module for him to "take a look at." I sent multiple followup emails over the span of a month and not a peep.
It had a DTC when I installed the TCM for failure to communicate with the cruise control module and I couldn't clear it; the fault would return immediately even though the cruise worked fine. It would also shift like an old Chevy with a shift kit when cold really slamming shifts. I ended up buying a VCDS V2 cable on a prayer than it would communicate with the Cayenne. Surprisingly the TCM is the best supported module on the Cayenne it seems; the VCDS cable is otherwise not too useful on the Cayenne. I ended up resetting all adapations and somehow that cleared the DTC and made it shift properly. My next step was to buy another TCM on Ebay or take it to the dealer and have them flash it back to Post Fix.

He's in York, PA, so maybe you could get it done face to face and hopefully address any issues immediately.
What year is your CD?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

That's good info, especially on the VCDS!

Yeah, York isn't too far.. I'll probably drive right to him. Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:33 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I ended up buying a VCDS V2 cable on a prayer than it would communicate with the Cayenne. Surprisingly the TCM is the best supported module on the Cayenne it seems; the VCDS cable is otherwise not too useful on the Cayenne. I ended up resetting all adapations and somehow that cleared the DTC and made it shift properly.
Is there an app that you need, too?
Old 06-21-2019, 02:36 PM
BrewDude
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Is there an app that you need, too?
No app for Hex-V2 cable. PC software based. Cable has the registration code embedded in it to register the software. Only drawback is that it's limited to 3 or 10 vehicle VIN's. The older Hex+CAN cable is unlimited, which is why I'm holding on to mine until it's obsolete or I buy a car newer than 2019.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 958 Diesel Tune???