Sponsored By:

Thinking about shop listings..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts
Default Thinking about shop listings..

Since I'm travelling, I realize if I needed a shop for some work whilst away from home - it's pretty much a craps shoot finding a good one. Especially one good with Cayennes.

So my proposal is: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post15843897

Please check out that thread and let me know what you think of the idea..
Old 05-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

If i'm honest, I don't know of a single shop in the tristate area that I 100% trust to do anything on my cayenne or any other Pcar. Almost forced to DIY at this point
Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
If i'm honest, I don't know of a single shop in the tristate area that I 100% trust to do anything on my cayenne or any other Pcar. Almost forced to DIY at this point
That's too bad. I have one local to me that I'd trust to do most anything to my Cayenne. And that shop falls squarely within the "tristate" area (everyone uses that phrase thinking there is only one "tristate" area.. the truth is - there are many..) If you'd like to know about that shop - watch that thread. I'll be putting up some info on it.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:09 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

I will. I'd guess its bodymotion?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Like a Yelp/Angies list for shops.

Good idea but it won't work for the following reasons;

Information changes, employees change. What people find acceptable others don't.

I also agree, I don't like any shop but think my closest dealer is ok.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I tried something similar when I ran babblers.org and it is certainly better than nothing. However as noted, it's very much a YMMV type of thing and requires a disclaimer that your experience may be vastly different and any recommendation is not actually an endorsement.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I will. I'd guess its bodymotion?
BodyMotion is one I'd trust. The shop at the local dealership trusts them enough that when the dealership blew up my engine while doing the Variocam fix - they sent the heads out to BodyMotion to be rebuilt. They seem to have done an excellent job - no problems with my engine at all.

I'd suggest is Yaeger Automotive, 10th Ave, Belmar NJ. Mostly does collectibles for people, but will do modern cars. Common sense and intelligence, along with total honesty are the rule there. Merrill besides being a great mechanic is also a degreed electrical engineer and ham radio operator. If you have wonky electronics it's well worth seeking him out. He's been working on various vehicles I've owned for about 40 years.. He also charges only by the hour - last time I checked it was $125, but if he spends 2 hours you'll get charged for 2 hours. And you can bring your own parts.

And there is a shop that relocated close to me - AutoBahn https://njautobahn.com/ in Sea Girt. I haven't used them but they showed me around their shop and we discussed the work I was considering. Seemed very professional. Prices appear to be the same as AutoMotion.

Quick Reply: Thinking about shop listings..