Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Recommended maintence with intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 04:50 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Deilenberger - As I remember it, 2011-12 Cayennes didn't have a Turbo "S" option, rather a Turbo with the E81 Powerkit listed on the build sheets ($20k+ for 40 horsepower). I did a lot of research on this subject, and never once found an actual 958 E81 intake & Y-pipe being sold separately, only the 957 E81 which I can no longer find online.

I actually have the E81 intake and Y-pipe sitting in the garage. As soon as I can free up some time from work and woodworking, I will get it installed along with the other 100 parts waiting to go on the truck.

While the intake is off, I plan on replacing the plugs & coilpacks, then cleaning the valves since direct injection engines always seem to have higher than average carbon buildup (Renaissance Man's thread on this is the best one IMO).

Last edited by sjt0017; 02-12-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: + Deilenberger in my response
Old 02-13-2019, 12:41 AM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

You and me both - I need to start compiling a list of all the parts I will need. Did the plugs recently though - coil packs were in great shape. This was all unfortunately before I learned about the e81 upgrade.
sjt - what other parts, performance?
Old 02-13-2019, 01:54 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickdvl
Yes I looked at the diy, not as much for 958’s as the 955/957’s; nothing at all on oxygen sensors. I’m considering all data but i sometimes find them hard to follow and the pictures are not always clear as to what you are looking at. Thanks for the info on the tsat and pump - I’ll have to look at what’s involved with all of this. Camera is more for everyone else - something I can post up and share on YouTube and then here
EDIT: useful
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...you-think.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-firewall.html (note: diesel)
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...d-adaptor.html

Looks like ill sign up for alldataDIY - only 30 bucks for 1 car for 1 year
Do a search for an AllDataDIY discount code - most people pay less than $20. I'm sure Google will turn one up.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 AM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Slickdvl
You and me both - I need to start compiling a list of all the parts I will need. Did the plugs recently though - coil packs were in great shape. This was all unfortunately before I learned about the e81 upgrade.
sjt - what other parts, performance?
Just bought this CTT last month from Colorado, first thing I needed to grab was the usual maintenance items + replace the brand new Scorpion Winters (If anybody wants great condition Turbo II's & brand new Pirelli Scorpion Winters with 3k miles on them, message me!)

Currently in the garage waiting to be installed:
Whole new wheel/tire combo to replace the Turbo II/Scorpion Winters (I live in Austin TX, I needed summer tires!)
Ravenol T-case fluids
All new front & rear Pagid pads, wear sensors
All new coils and plugs
E81 Intake & Y pipe
Full 2.76" Milltek exhaust including bypass pipes
Black painted Fabspeed tips
Gloss black 993 "turbo" emblem to replace all chrome emblems
Gloss black hatch trim piece

I plan on doing these upgrades, then getting a tune that I can flash while on a dyno so I can get before/after numbers. All the tuning companies usually show a cartoon dyno chart, or a dyno from a stock vehicle. I would like to know what the numbers are after doing all the complimentary upgrades.
I had a Fabspeed tune on my last CTT and it was totaled. Right now I'm still researching my tuning options, but I'll make a decision pretty soon!
Old 02-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Slickdvl
Pro

I just did a lot of what you did - also did the cabin filter and engine air filter (BMC - have two K&Ns leftover).
Make sure you get new bolts and springs for the calipers. Couldn't hurt to do the brake fluid either - 2 points per caliper.
Would love to see pics of the back once its done - I'm trying to get some glossy black akropovic tips off ebay.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:07 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

If anybody's interested in a brand new E81 intake and Y-pipe, I am selling mine in the Parts Marketplace. Wedding planning & work are taking up all my time, and I just don't have the gumption to mess with the Cayenne any more than I already have.

I'll throw in 8 brand new Bosch iridium plugs for free!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1135539
Old 03-27-2019, 02:12 PM
Slickdvl
Pro

Originally Posted by sjt0017
If anybody's interested in a brand new E81 intake and Y-pipe, I am selling mine in the Parts Marketplace. Wedding planning & work are taking up all my time, and I just don't have the gumption to mess with the Cayenne any more than I already have.

I'll throw in 8 brand new Bosch iridium plugs for free!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1135539
omg - I literally just ordered all of this last week!!
FYI - intake and TB still available online - however part is shipped straight from germany.

Last edited by Slickdvl; 03-27-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: clarified

Quick Reply: Recommended maintence with intake manifold