Sponsored By:

acoustic locking sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:18 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 171 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Given all of this has to get programmed through PIWIS, I'd think a conversation with the dealer about it would be enlightening. They should be able to bring up any past dealer work based on the VIN. Could very well likely be the previous owner had it turned off.
Maybe you're right, I'll call the dealer that this car used to go to and find out. thanks.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

These vehicles are just too complicated to not diagnose without a PIWIS or other capable scanner. There are 20+ things it could be, from door handles, to lock buttons, to door latches, to interior sensors, to the alarm siren itself... find out what the fault code is and go from there!
Old 01-19-2019, 05:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Just went and looked with iCarScan - nothing I could find to enable/disable the warning - actually couldn't find any reference to the alarm. There were routines for the Kessy antennas - but nothing about the alarm. Go figure.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:24 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Wanted to update everyone.

Questions answered:

Can the locking sound be enabled, YES.
Can the locking sound be disabled, YES.
Tools needed: PIWIS2, pair of *****.

Thanks to a really nice fellow forum member who has a PIWIS 2, we located the acoustic locking sound in Frontend Electronics. Just ticked the customer specific coding on this to enabled, saved and tested to work. All took 30 seconds.
Must admit, I was surprised with this chirp sound and how quiet it is, but it works for what I needed it for.

To anyone who wants this remote locking sound, you definitely need PIWIS 2.

I only wish I had more info on PIWIS 2 coding instructions, i would try coding more things.

While trying to change some other random things, like telling the rear lid to close on lock, it completely stopped working and wouldn't close. Good thing there is Auto Coding function in PIWIS 2. then turned car off, on and functions returned to rear lid. Hence I say "tools needed, pair of *****"
Old 02-25-2019, 09:49 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 237 Posts

Thanks for the details!
I assume Porsche rely on tech training on PIWIS use, and that there's a NDA on any documentation.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-25-2019, 10:13 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ToreB
Thanks for the details!
I assume Porsche rely on tech training on PIWIS use, and that there's a NDA on any documentation.
Cheers,
Tore
Maybe, but I doubt that they all know it by memory. I'm sure they have an article for every damn thing they need to do with full spec instructions and steps. Not to mention that if they do it by memory without following some type of guidance or checklist and if something goes wrong, they will be responsible. So i'm sure they have/follow something.

Quick Reply: acoustic locking sound