Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another 4,400 miles goes by, so another oil change yesterday. Ho-hum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 09:10 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Danyol
This could work as a very neat solution, I'm looking at making an easy access for my other cars.
How deep is this thing, if it is the 1.9" I'm not sure there will be enough room above the panel, maybe it can be trimmed?
Those twist-out panels need the depth for the threads of the twist-out panel to turn-into. I very much doubt that they can be trimmed at all without losing some of the thread that the cap would need in order for it to stay in place, especially when it would be mounted upside down.

I also think there there is more than enough clearance between the plastic skid-plate and whatever is above it/the oil pan/crossmember.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:58 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Right around 6-months and 4,600 miles and it was time for another oil change. This time with Total Ineo and the same Mann oil filters.

In a big way, I'm glad that the OCI is 5,000 miles as with the EZ-towing that I do and will be doing for most of this upcoming winter, 5,000 miles is perfect.

What I do notice about this VW 507 oil and whatever the Porsche spec is, is it C30?, it is that the spent oil clings tenaciously to anything and everything it gets on. It is as if the major criteria for the spec is for the oil to stay coated to every surface it needs to be so that at startup, stuff is the most protected.

I had used the iCarsoft to reset the OC-reminder.

I still only remove the front bellypan, use a big rubber chock to keep the rearward skidplate down and it is just a matter of removing all the 10mm bolts with a cordless drill and the OC is actually pretty easy as I have done so many between the 2012 Touareg TDI, the wifes Touareg TDI and my CD.

I just ordered 4 more OC kits from iDparts as they are all $5 off and the shipping is free. I have one more OC kit for the wifes truck so all these black Friday deals are all working out.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:07 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

I'm now at 65,000 miles so I had changed the oil and filter yesterday along with adding a 2.5 gallon jug of SuperTech DEF into the tank.

A Mann oil filter and about 2.7L of Pentosin and 5L of Rowe 5W-30 and I'm now good for another 5,000 miles.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:04 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

How did you fit a Fumoto valve in there?

From my research, it seems it is not possible to fit fumoto valve from the subframe
Old 01-24-2021, 06:18 PM
JamesN
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

With 2 tractors and 5 cars I may never remove another drain plug as I finally got an extractor off of amazon. I think it was only $110. got the large size (15L) . connected to air compressor. I may need a new air compressor (oh darn) as it was running constantly to keep above 100 psi. I just have an old craftsman 1.5hp compressor. Sucked 8 liters from the diesel a couple of weeks ago. took longer than I thought, about 25 minutes. I was impatient and took tubing out too soon and had to fish it back down in. Sent the oil into Blackstone for analysis. they said my diesel was in top shape. Even with buying the extractor , it only cost me a little over $200 for oil/filter change. Others from now on will be less than $100. couldn't find the Porsche spec C30 oil locally so got that from Amazon too. comes in boxes of 6 quarts. ( got 2) used 8. will get another box for next oil change. filter from Pelican.

Pretty easy for my first oil change on the doesel

Jim
2016 CD, new to me last fall.
40K miles
previous '78 SC Targa
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Jim,
I am a convert to the oil extractor for my CD oil changes too but use the Castrol VW 507 spec 5W30 oil. The Castrol is what the dealer used when my car was covered by the Porsche Maintenance Plan so I stayed with it. I've been getting it from Petroleum Service Company and even with shipping it is still very good deal. I just replaced the battery for good luck after 6.25 years.

Rob
Old 01-24-2021, 09:54 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JamesN

With 2 tractors and 5 cars I may never remove another drain plug as I finally got an extractor off of amazon. I think it was only $110. got the large size (15L) . connected to air compressor. I may need a new air compressor (oh darn) as it was running constantly to keep above 100 psi. I just have an old craftsman 1.5hp compressor. Sucked 8 liters from the diesel a couple of weeks ago. took longer than I thought, about 25 minutes. I was impatient and took tubing out too soon and had to fish it back down in. Sent the oil into Blackstone for analysis. they said my diesel was in top shape. Even with buying the extractor , it only cost me a little over $200 for oil/filter change. Others from now on will be less than $100. couldn't find the Porsche spec C30 oil locally so got that from Amazon too. comes in boxes of 6 quarts. ( got 2) used 8. will get another box for next oil change. filter from Pelican.

Pretty easy for my first oil change on the doesel

Jim
2016 CD, new to me last fall.
40K miles
previous '78 SC Targa
How do you make sure you suck all the oil from oil pan with the extractor?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:33 AM
JamesN
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

there are marks on side of extractor for quantity . I knew I was done when the level got close to the 8 quart level and the tubing is clear so you can see when the oil is no longer "sucking". It took 7.8 quarts to fill , measured with electronic dashboard and I have a dipstick, $35 on amazon.
I saw a you tube video last year where someone used and extractor and then opened drain plug to see how much was left and nothing but drips came out of the drain plug.

Jim
2016 CD
Old 01-25-2021, 09:08 AM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JamesN
there are marks on side of extractor for quantity . I knew I was done when the level got close to the 8 quart level and the tubing is clear so you can see when the oil is no longer "sucking". It took 7.8 quarts to fill , measured with electronic dashboard and I have a dipstick, $35 on amazon.
I saw a you tube video last year where someone used and extractor and then opened drain plug to see how much was left and nothing but drips came out of the drain plug.

Jim
2016 CD
Thanks for sharing this info. You inspired me to buy one of these and use it in my next oil change
Old 01-25-2021, 10:21 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

I've been using an extractor on my CD for awhile. It always pulls out what I put in quantity wise. Refill with the M1 5w30 ESP and a new Mann filter, all done.

Quick Reply: Another 4,400 miles goes by, so another oil change yesterday. Ho-hum.