Pulled Trigger - 2013 CTT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 10:41 AM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Pulled Trigger - 2013 CTT!

All
After a long and very enjoyable search, my wife and I pulled the trigger on a well optioned 2013 Cayenne Turbo. Bought it from Rennlist’s own jford, great honest guy. I started this search two years ago when I was looking for a 1965 356C ...and look where I ended up. I already own an incredible 997.2 so as the search continued I felt it was only fair that wifey could experience the joy of the Porsche experience. Wifey is a dyed in the wool Range Rover girl and always just put up with my Porsche obsession. That’s until I asked her which Porsche she would ever see herself driving. A Cayenne and a well optioned one at that she replied.

So at the beginning of the summer we started looking at 955s and 957s. We both really liked the Turbos and the Turbo S models. We looked every single day. AutoTrader, Car Guru, CARFAX, Rennlist. PCA etc day in and day out. Finally decided it was a better idea to stretch the budget for a newer 958 without coolant pipe issues, Variocam problems etc. We both finally agreed on jford’s extremely well optioned 2013 Black on Black CTT, still on CPO.

We both love it. WHat an absolute beast. We already drove it 1,000 miles. Glad it’s still on CPO as we are experiencing a minor air spring issue and differential noise only at very low temps. Accordingly, the Black Beast is at the dealership.

What’s in store for the Beast you might ask. Well my 15 year old son and wifey both insisted on powder coating the wheel s black. So the powder coating being done this week. Additionally, I really love wrenching my whips. I plan on doing the following this weekend: V-Belt, Spark Plugs, Oil and filter, front and rear differential fluid (if dealership does not do), transfer case fluid. Anything else? Oh, and I purchased a ALLDATA membership, great stuff there. Pics to follow.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 AM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Nice! That will look great with black wheels! I would have done the same.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 AM
140.6er
Pro

Thanks Dav. Can’t wait to see the new shoes.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:23 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Someone got a good car. I wanted that car also but it would have taken a sell on mine and then subsequent purchase of his, which would hit me with more tax, which I don't need.

Congrats and even though we've already seen the car, post up some new pics. We love pics!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:28 AM
140.6er
Pro

Will do RAudi. It is still with dealer. Hoping to get it back today or tomorrow so I can drive the heck out of it this weekend. Also have the new plugs, Serp belt, diff fluid and transfer case fluid ready to go. Pics to follow
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

On another note, go read all the air spring threads. I'm having an issue and my car's been in my garage, on a jack stand, for the past month. The right front air shock is bad, leaking. Just got notice that Porsche superseded the part with another number so maybe an update. The part is still not available with no date in sight.

That being said, you'l want to have your air problems well documented with Porsche as the cost to replace both my fronts are a staggering $4,200 and that's from the indy mechanic. Make sure when you get your car back, you measure your fender heights for any sag and listen to your air pumps for excessive cycles. My car is drivable and doesn't give off a chassis failure light all the time. What it does do is pump the right front up every few minutes, which will kill the compressor. I heard it while driving the car back from the shop to the house. Ran fine but I know I was overworking the compressor and for that reason, it's stays in the garage till it's fixed.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM
140.6er
Pro

Will do. My car is about to go off CPO, I wonder if they don’t correctly fix it will they replace the air spring if its out of CPO. In other words, because I took it in under CPO with ther Spring issue, if the CPO expires will they still pay for the replacement. I haven’t spoken to them yet but will certainly mention it.. Thanks
Old 12-06-2018, 06:20 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 140.6er
Will do. My car is about to go off CPO, I wonder if they don’t correctly fix it will they replace the air spring if its out of CPO. In other words, because I took it in under CPO with ther Spring issue, if the CPO expires will they still pay for the replacement. I haven’t spoken to them yet but will certainly mention it.. Thanks

They didn't with my vacuum pump issue. Took it under CPO, they misdiagnosed it. Returned a month later and they said sorry out of warranty. Wrote and called Porsche of America. They said dealer denied the fix due to not having the car serviced there regularly. I said, car don'ts need to be there regularly for a CPO issue or any issue for tat fact. They said we'll give you $900 towards fixing it. I said not good enough but I'll still take that $900. Got a credit card for $900 from Porsche but if the dealer won't fix under warranty, F them. I'll never go back.

get everything in writing! don't trust them with anything
Old 12-06-2018, 08:08 PM
140.6er
Pro

I agree with you. My wife just had a horrendous episode with her Range Rover dealership. Master Cylinder was acting up. Took it in under warranty. They replaced the master with no questions. My wife babies this truck like you would not believe. It’s a 2014 with only 25,000 miles. Spends all its time in the garage, washed and waxed ad nauseum. Anyway, we get the RR Sport back from the dealership with at least seven scratches and brake fluid leaking out of the bottom of the truck all over our driveway. Looked around the master cylinder and found a significant puddle of brake fluid. They took it back and with a shrug say that the tech must have spilled brake fluid when he was refilling. I lost my mind. Brake fluid does not mix well with paint. They cleaned it with soap and water and detailed the car. Scratches still remain and brake fluid affected the paint in the engne bay. Oh, then the the truck started throwing o2 sensor codes. Dealership refused to address the codes. We wrote to RR NA to no avail. I finally gave in and fixed the truck myself. Very disappointed in Range Rover, I’m hoping for a lot more with Porsche.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:37 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

Sweet! Pretty much same as mine, with a few extra options, and few less miles! I absolutely love mine! Congrats!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:55 PM
140.6er
Pro

Thanks AO. I have to say that although it is like comparing apples to oranges, the Cayenne is almost as much fun to drive as my 997.2. My 997.2 is spartan compared to my luxurious Black on Black on Black CTT.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:08 AM
140.6er
Pro

Got my CTT back from Dealership this weekend. I was having some air spring height issues. Dealership replaced the valve block...luckily underwarranty​.

Yesderday did brakes. Took about 4 hours but I took my time to learn process. Using the guide pins was a big help as was the assistance of ALLDATA.One minor mistake I made was not getting all new sensors. As the none of the sensors deployed I thought I would just reuse the old ones/. I did order two, a front and a back. Why I did that, I don’t know...old age is creeping up. Anyway, the old sensors just did not fit perfectly. I was able to reuse two of the old ones, one front one back but they were both just a bit loose. Anyway, my OCD kicked in and I ordered two new ones and will go back in there this weekend and replace them when I do the differential fluid.

Last edited by 140.6er; 12-17-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:33 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 140.6er
I agree with you. My wife just had a horrendous episode with her Range Rover dealership. Master Cylinder was acting up. Took it in under warranty. They replaced the master with no questions. My wife babies this truck like you would not believe. It’s a 2014 with only 25,000 miles. Spends all its time in the garage, washed and waxed ad nauseum. Anyway, we get the RR Sport back from the dealership with at least seven scratches and brake fluid leaking out of the bottom of the truck all over our driveway. Looked around the master cylinder and found a significant puddle of brake fluid. They took it back and with a shrug say that the tech must have spilled brake fluid when he was refilling. I lost my mind. Brake fluid does not mix well with paint. They cleaned it with soap and water and detailed the car. Scratches still remain and brake fluid affected the paint in the engne bay. Oh, then the the truck started throwing o2 sensor codes. Dealership refused to address the codes. We wrote to RR NA to no avail. I finally gave in and fixed the truck myself. Very disappointed in Range Rover, I’m hoping for a lot more with Porsche.
Sorry to go off topic a little, but it’s funny knowing that LR still has issues with their brake parts and dealer experience. I had a 2011 supercharged rr sport that had two brake booster failures, once around 35k miles and again at 80k miles. The second time, the replacement booster shipped from Britain was dead on arrival. The dealer didn’t figure it out until after they swapped a new MC and found that it didn’t fix the problem. The brakes (which were huge 6 piston brembos) never felt the same after the first booster replacement, and was worse when they put in a new MC and booster the second time.

So far, the cayenne and my diesel mb E250 have been rock solid.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:45 PM
140.6er
Pro

Finished brakes today. Also did front and rear differential fluid change. Rear diff with PTV plus fluid was dark brown so glad I did the change. Front diff fluid was fairly clear. Cleaned out right and left cowl drains. Installed holeless front plate holder. Next up is V-Belt and spark plugs.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:42 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats. Please post pictures. When I read these threads, I am envious of you guys who are able to do mechanical work yourselves. The ownership experience, not to mention the cost of savings, would be so much better if I was able to do such. At least I have all of you guys to ask questions when something is not right. The forum is great.

Quick Reply: Pulled Trigger - 2013 CTT!