Sponsored By:

Thoughts on this 2011 CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 2011 CS

ok, so this vehicle was mentioned in another thread. I took a look at it on saturday and its a nice truck.

https://www.asalmotors46.com/2011-Po...dR5grK0AybE%3d

Here is the carfax

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A29BLA55427

Interior and exterior are clean and generally free from damage. Rear bumper has one vertical scrape. Brakes are newish, front tires newish, rear tires older but good tread.

What would you expect to pay for such a vehicle?

Anything that doesn't look right?

Finally, aside from the transfer case and air suspension, are there any other things I should 100% check before buying?

thanks for your assistance.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:18 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Its got 18" wheels and no entry and drive or hitch. Like the roof rails and dark color dash.

Not bad but market should have plenty of this spec around.

Make sure price is right. $23-24 OTD come Jan/Feb.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks to have been reasonably well maintained. I've got the same interior color combo in mine and really like it. If it's got all the features you are looking for then it comes down to price. Haven't been looking recently so no real idea but scan the usual sites (KBB, TrueCar, etc.) to get ideas of what's fair.

I do find it curious that a relatively low mileage sample wound up at a non Porsche dealer. That would be one of my flags.

If you want/need a hitch one can be retrofitted w/o too much cost or problems as I installed one on my 2011 CS a while back.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:04 AM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do like the interior and exterior combo. In the other thread someone mentioned that extra fees are included in the OTD price. Seller also not willing to lower price to keep the inventory moving.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by chsu74
Its got 18" wheels and no entry and drive or hitch. Like the roof rails and dark color dash.

Not bad but market should have plenty of this spec around.

Make sure price is right. $23-24 OTD come Jan/Feb.
Wheels are 20" Sport Deisgn II.
I have no interest in entry/drive.

This is the only gasoline non-turbo within 500 miles with this interior setup, hence my dilemma.

Originally Posted by Tom M
Looks to have been reasonably well maintained. I've got the same interior color combo in mine and really like it. If it's got all the features you are looking for then it comes down to price. Haven't been looking recently so no real idea but scan the usual sites (KBB, TrueCar, etc.) to get ideas of what's fair.

I do find it curious that a relatively low mileage sample wound up at a non Porsche dealer. That would be one of my flags.

If you want/need a hitch one can be retrofitted w/o too much cost or problems as I installed one on my 2011 CS a while back.
As they tell it, the car was traded into them. They had S-classes, bentleys, etc so its possible that someone wanted something else flashy. I agree that this should be a nicer car than the typical auction junk.

Hitch is not a huge issue at this point. in the future I want to tow my track boxster.

Originally Posted by onehot
I do like the interior and exterior combo. In the other thread someone mentioned that extra fees are included in the OTD price. Seller also not willing to lower price to keep the inventory moving.
Yeah, the dealer is scummy and the fees are up there. The price is certainly high, so I'm wondering what is reasonable for a car in such condition.

here is buildsheet

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP1AB2A29BLA55427/

Old 11-20-2018, 11:34 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Old 11-20-2018, 11:52 AM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do like that it has air suspension. Purchasing from P-dealer is ideal.

If the build is right and you don't mind the price then get a PPI, make sure variocam bolts is done and transfer case is good. Buy and enjoy.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

No open recalls according to the Porsche site so that's good.

If you like the car and plan to keep it a while then paying a bit more makes it more palatable than if you flip cars frequently. However if there's a significant premium then that becomes a problem.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

I would own this car for at least five years, probably more. I'm resigned to paying a bit of a premium for that interior, but I don't want to feel like I got hosed either. I think the deal is on the cusp of feeling like I'm getting hosed, so I'm a bit wary.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Quad, I thought that you didn't want air suspension?

Also, the hitch is difficult to install if not factory. May want to search a few threads here on the topic.

Other issues are thermostat housing, RMS leaks (engine out), rear wiper dies, mystery coolant leaks, I had random CEL for either bad gas cap or other evap problems. Transfer case is a big issue. But no different that the other MB and Porsche cars that you have owned.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

I dont love air suspension but after more research im a bit less concerned.

I will install an oem hitch bracket and wiring harness/module. im not overly concerned about install.

Doing repairs or labor im not worried about, its stupid high parts prices without oe options.

Thanks for help
Old 11-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Well i bought it. i didnt get the best deal in the known universe but to some extent i paid for condition, history, and interior. hope it pays off on the back end
Old 11-23-2018, 11:36 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Money burning hole in pocket
Old 11-24-2018, 09:21 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Well i bought it. i didnt get the best deal in the known universe but to some extent i paid for condition, history, and interior. hope it pays off on the back end
Congrats, enjoy it! Sounds like a nice one.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Thanks for the congratulations.

I've spent some time cleaning the thing up and checking it over. Aside from a broken air distribution tube (the piece where it clamps to the throttle body was broken off and loose), the car looks very good. No noticeable issues at this time.

I just did the transfer case fluid (original design with weird air vent/scoop), and will do differentials shortly. Air filters, brakes, and all engine fluids were just done.

I'm planning to change transmission fluid around 60k, so have some time on that.

Other than that, no projects to do here...guess will have to focus on my track car and 993.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 2011 CS