Sponsored By:

DIY: Door Sill Scuff Protection Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Euro911SC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking DIY: Door Sill Scuff Protection Stickers

This is a really easy thing to do. So I play and coach soccer. I transport a lot of soccer players all over the state in my '13 CGTS. I noticed that I was getting a lot of paint scratches on the door sill. Maybe its from the cleats, maybe they were there when I bought the car and I didn't notice them because I was grinning so much I was blind! Either way, I picked up this set of vinyl stickers from Amazon for $8:

PAMISO 4pcs Car Door Sill Scuff Guard, Welcome Pedal Protect, Anti-kick Scratch for Cars Doors

Pieces for front and rear fit easily. Your preference for material and pattern may differ. I thought about gloss black or also red since the car has red accent stitching. I settled on the black with faux carbon fiber pattern. Its not for everyone, but I am happy with the installed results. We'll see how it holds up. For $8 and 30 minutes of my time if it lasts a year I think I have come out ahead.

Process is pretty easy:
  1. Clean sill (I used generic glass cleaner)
  2. Fit (I used painters tape to hold it in place as needed)
  3. Peel
  4. Stick (I had to adjust various parts)
  5. Use provided plastic tool to help get rid of air bubbles; un-stick as required to remove then also
Once it is down it does come up so if you need to adjust while sticking it down you can.

My car is always full of sand. Its a function of living in south Florida where we don't have dirt. My apologies for the dirty car. Under the mats its pristine carpet :P

Scratches on the sill

About 4" from the join. Its your preference.

How the product comes rolled up. I left it on the hood in the sun while I cleaned up the sills. Very pliable after that.

Fitting the rear and a hairy knee... don't let it stick to your leg... can we say free Brazilian wax job?

I did about 1.5" at the rear. Finished passenger's rear.

Finished driver's front.

Driver's front test fit.

Enjoy!

-Micael
Old 11-11-2018, 06:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Micael,

Looks good. Looks better than the clear guard that was installed on mine when it was new.. (which is now scuffed up and ugly looking..)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Euro911SC
Intermediate

Thanks, Don. We'll see how it holds up over time. Its not super thick. But at $8... *shrug* I can afford to replace it every year if needs be. Now I need to find a solution for the rear bumper that is exposed when you are loading and unloading the trunk. All the coaching gear and game gear looks like it is taking the same toll on that space.

-Michael
Old 11-11-2018, 10:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Euro911SC
Thanks, Don. We'll see how it holds up over time. Its not super thick. But at $8... *shrug* I can afford to replace it every year if needs be. Now I need to find a solution for the rear bumper that is exposed when you are loading and unloading the trunk. All the coaching gear and game gear looks like it is taking the same toll on that space.

-Michael
Just went looking for a photo - there is stainless trim that goes on top of the rear bumper - just for that reason. It came from China.. cost was around $100 or so. A number of us purchased this about 3 years ago.. it's buried here in a thread somewhere..

Found the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...mper-help.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...10ec101ewxdCIQ <-- looks like they're taking orders in bulk, but bet if you contacted them they'd sell one.

Amazon one:
Amazon Amazon

eBay: https://ebay.us/aA1VgB

There'ya go..
Old 11-12-2018, 01:56 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to go shiny if you don't want to...check this out! Plus, it's a genuine P part (according to Suncoast).

Suncoast pic.

TXCOMT
Old 11-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

There appears to be an entire beach's worth of sand in your Weathertech mats. LOL.

Nice job.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:29 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMT
No need to go shiny if you don't want to...check this out! Plus, it's a genuine P part (according to Suncoast).

Suncoast pic.

TXCOMT
Beware on this one. I researched this and every real review I located from people that bought it, said it was thin and very flimsy and virtually impossible for anyone to install without lots of bubbles or worse, even professional vinyl/tint shops.

They ended up just tossing it (in some cases the film was so flimsy it just folded over on itself when attempting to install), so they just went with the same material used for clear front end masks (XPEL, etc).

This is one genuine Porsche accessory that seems to leave a lot to be desired.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Euro911SC
Intermediate

Awesome stuff. I'll look into the stainless rear bumper trim... and yes I have collected a beach in my car and I DONT EVEN GO to the beach! LOL

-Michael

Quick Reply: DIY: Door Sill Scuff Protection Stickers