Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

hidden handgun storage by driver's seat on 958

Old 10-19-2018, 03:53 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hidden handgun storage by driver's seat on 958

There's a hidden space on the driver's side of the 958 to store a full sized handgun under the steering wheel.

Can you see the gun?

You're looking right at it.

Now can you see it?

Now you see it!

And yes, it's a full sized. It's a replica (didn't want to post any real guns and trigger someone sensitive) but as you can see it's full sized.

I believe this space is used to adjust the steering wheel all the way down but if you're a normal sized American adult you probably do not have the steering wheel set to the lowest setting.

It's completely hidden, the pictures are not dark, that's what it looks like, only someone the knows it's there and looking for it would ever find it. Even when you look straight at it it's so dark you can't see it or it just looks like part of the car.

"Would it fall out while I'm driving?" you're probably wondering. No. They sell powerful magnets specifically designed to attach hand guns under the dash of vehicles. That's actually what I was looking for when I found this, if there was a good place for that.

Wonder what other Porsches have this are beneath the steering wheel? It's nice to know it's there for those that feel like they need it.
The following 2 users liked this post by boxsternewbie:
benbernanke (08-14-2022), Fresh.Sizzle (02-04-2022)
Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

That's cool that it's really hidden but, that doesn't look very accessible. I ended up doing the magnet mount you are talking about on the paneling above the dead pedal. You can't see it from outside the vehicle and it hasn't fallen off yet after about 2 months of it being there. I'm honestly more worried about the piece of trim popping off than the pistol falling off the magnet. Haha.

Now I'm onto the more difficult task of mounting an Iphone 7 plus in the car so I can use carplay without constantly dicking around with connecting a cable and stuffing my mini ipad mini into the console that it barely fits in.
The following users liked this post:
benbernanke (08-14-2022)
Old 10-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Steve Dawson
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I ended up doing the magnet mount you are talking about on the paneling above the dead pedal.
Where are you attaching the magnet? I can't find any place on the driver's side lower dash of my 2015 CD that will attract a magnet. Or is the mount screwed/glued to the panel? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:39 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Dawson
Where are you attaching the magnet? I can't find any place on the driver's side lower dash of my 2015 CD that will attract a magnet. Or is the mount screwed/glued to the panel? Thanks.
The magnet has a piece of heavy duty adhesive tape on the back of it.
Here: https://n82tactical.com/product/magn...tic-gun-mount/
Before mounting I cleaned the area with this: https://www.lord.com/products-and-so...rface-modifier
It smells like it gives you cancer so, you know it's good stuff.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, the magnet may not have tape on it. I think I used some fusor or 3m vhb tape I had laying around.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 10-20-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:05 AM
AllroadRSC5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn’t put a 1911 in condition 3 under there. Would an alien gear cloak dock fit?
Old 10-24-2018, 10:50 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is your floormat all wonky?

TXCOMT
Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe shoot that floor mat a few times, just 'til it behaves.
The following users liked this post:
Fresh.Sizzle (02-04-2022)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hidden handgun storage by driver's seat on 958