Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinions on rear cargo mats?

Old 06-05-2018, 01:23 AM
Cole
Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on rear cargo mats?

i just sold my 955 Cayenne Turbo and bought a 958 Turbo. In the 954 I had the factory rear cargo mat that was plastic. It put up with tons of abuse from engine blocks to dogs. But I hated how stuff, especially dogs slid around on it.

Looks like there is a factory plastic one, a weather tech one, a reversible carpet/rubber one, and some ones that look like the thing they lay on you during x-rays.

If you own one you like, or on you donít Iíd love to hear the feedback on them. Maybe there is one Iíve missed?

Old 06-05-2018, 03:23 AM
John212
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to hear if anybody bought this one, I thought it looked great for times you're not hauling dirty things: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/LLOYD955R.html

I bought the reversible carpet/rubber and like it although I can't comment on things sliding around as I don't have any dogs. It does have an interesting feature - toward the end there is a velcro attachment that adds another 2' or so of rubber.. I imagine it's to protect the back of the seats, but it appears almost the opposite position.. I tried to figure out whether it was meant as a bumper protection, or a tailgate protector.. wonder if somebody knows.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:57 AM
CarGuyNVA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole View Post
i just sold my 955 Cayenne Turbo and bought a 958 Turbo. In the 954 I had the factory rear cargo mat that was plastic. It put up with tons of abuse from engine blocks to dogs. But I hated how stuff, especially dogs slid around on it.

Looks like there is a factory plastic one, a weather tech one, a reversible carpet/rubber one, and some ones that look like the thing they lay on you during x-rays.

If you own one you like, or on you donít Iíd love to hear the feedback on them. Maybe there is one Iíve missed?

For my 958 CTT, I started out with the Porsche cargo mat, but it's so 'slippery'. So now I have the Porsche reversible mat, tacky textured rubber on one side, and matching carpet on the other side. I use it with the rubber side facing up, combined with the Porsche cargo net. Works well and provides decent protection for carrying typical day to day stuff, I don't haul any really nasty stuff in my Cayenne. If I did, I'd put the heavier duty cargo mat back in for those occasions (which is water proof and has small raised edges around it to contain liquids to some degree).
Old 06-21-2018, 12:42 PM
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Went with Porsche cargo mat......3 years in and still holding up......you can go Coconuts for some bucks...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on rear cargo mats?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: