Sponsored By:

CPO Expiring. I need an aftermarket warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,637 Posts
Default CPO Expiring. I need an aftermarket warranty

Ok, so my CPO is expiring this month. I'm looking for another warranty. Can anyone lead me in the right direction and/or elaborate on what ya might have?

TIA
Old 05-02-2018, 10:53 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

Pm’d You
Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Trio
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Ok, so my CPO is expiring this month. I'm looking for another warranty. Can anyone lead me in the right direction and/or elaborate on what ya might have?

TIA
Originally Posted by radctt1
Pm’d You
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Thanks!
Might be helpful to share some details, for the next person having this question...
Old 05-04-2018, 01:46 PM
EpiKAC
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trio
Might be helpful to share some details, for the next person having this question...
+1
Old 05-04-2018, 06:20 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

I sent OP my experience with Fidelity and Troy Dietrich. Suggested to do a RL Search as there are numerous threads regarding this topic. I suggested exclusionary policy and I’m currently looking at a warranty option from regional Porsche dealer. They offer contract thru “CNA” just found out. I’m not familiar with CNA so researching now.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:54 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

I'm worried about all warranties not from Porsche. Heard and am still reading a ton of negative stuff. So much that I may just sell the car and get a new Cayenne. Don't know yet but if anyone is interested in a perfect 2011Cayenne Turbo, 50k odo, PDCC, Burmeister, PTV, etc... Perfect maintenance new Michelin Pilot 4S's and new OEM rotors and pads, chime in.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:15 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

What is the probability that you’d spend more in an out of warranty repair than the difference in value between that vehicle and a brand new one? Is the out of warranty Cayenne too much of a risk financially to self insure so to speak? I have one more year on the CPO warranty on my 2014 Cayenne GTS, which currently has only 20k miles. I had planned to keep driving it out of warranty without worry.

FWIW, I had a positive experience with the Fidelity extended warranty package sold by the VW dealer when I purchased my 2010 Touareg.

Last edited by Mark Dreyer; 05-08-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I am surprised that you can find an extended warranty for the Cayenne. Especially since you are out of the original manufacturer's warranty. The CPO doesn't count as the original warranty when I researched it. Have you found a warranty company that will provide coverage on your CTT?
Old 05-08-2018, 11:26 AM
ArabianKnight
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Auto Advantage Warranty

I have a warranty on mine and its pretty comprehensive. Details below. This was for a 2011 CTT with 69k miles
THIS PLAN IS THE BEST COMPONENT TYPE BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Underwriter: This coverage is directly underwritten by
Amtrust Group ("A/Excellent" rated by AMBest) for the highest level of financial security
Vehicle Eligibility: YES, This vehicle qualifies

Auto Advantage Inc. offers you many benefits our competition can't promise including the following...
* Extended Warranties direct to consumers and dealerships nationwide at wholesale prices has been our business since our inception in 1979.
* We offer only Premium, Top-Rated vehicle Warranties.
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics, ever!
* Our high volume and low overhead allows us to offer the LOWEST PRICES RIGHT FROM THE START for the most comprehensive coverage available for your vehicle.
* Our company is owned and staffed by Warranty Experts, Not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes, It's Covered"!

Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. These prices are all for Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper warranties. This is one of the most comprehensive Enhanced Component policies available. Coverage INCLUDES breakdown and failure due to NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR on all covered items. See Policy Details at bottom of E-Mail for coverage details.

Reference # WTP5996070 (13)
Preferred Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper Coverage
$200.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit

1 Year/12,000 Additional Miles- $2,429.00
2 Year/24,000 Additional Miles- $3,290.00
3 Year/36,000 Additional Miles- $5,100.00

For Optional Luxury Package please add $215.00
  • Low Down Payment Financing Available
This Plan includes:
* Towing
* Rental
* Lockout Service
* Trip Interruption Protection
* Warranty Renew-ability
* Transferable to the next owner

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States or Canada. Payment will be made directly to the repair facility at the completion of repairs by the warranty administrator's corporate credit card account.
If you would like to see a sample contract we be happy to provide one for you. Thanks again for your interest. We hope we can be your warranty source both now and in the future.

“WHAT IS COVERED"
***Preferred Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper Coverage***

Engine: Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head(s), Rotary Housing and all Internally Lubricated Parts contained within the engine including: Pistons; Piston Rings; Connecting Rod Bearings; Crankshaft; Crankshaft Main Bearings; Camshaft; Camshaft Bearings; Cam Followers; Timing Chain or Belt; Timing Gears, Guides, Tensioners; Rocker Arms; Rocker Shafts; Rocker Bushings; Cylinder Head Valves; Valve Guides; Valve Lifters; Valve Springs; Valve Seals; Valve Retainers; Valve Seats; Push Rods; Water Pump; Fuel Pump; Oil Pump and Oil Pump Housing; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Timing Chain Cover; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Valve Covers; Engine Mounts; Cam Gear Bolt; Harmonic Balancer Bolt; and Head Bolts.

Turbocharger / Supercharger: (factory installed only) Turbocharger / Supercharger Housing and All Internally Lubricated Parts.

Transmission: (Automatic or Standard) Transmission Case and all Internally Lubricated Parts plus: Torque Converter; Flywheel/Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Electronic Shift Control Unit; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan; Slave/Clutch Master Cylinder; Pilot Bearing; and Throw-Out Bearing.

Transfer Case: Transfer Case and All Internally Lubricated Parts.

Drive Axle: (Front and Rear) Drive Axle Case; All Internally Lubricated Parts contained within the Drive Axle; Locking Hubs; Drive Shafts; Center Support Bearings; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints; Axle Bearings; Four–Wheel Drive Actuator; and Differential Cover.

Steering: All Internally Lubricated Parts contained within the Steering Box; Rack and Pinion Gear; Power Steering Pump; Power Steering Hoses; Steering Knuckles; Pitman Arm; Idler Arm; Tie Rod Ends and Drag Link; Steering Dampner; Upper and Lower Steering Column Shafts and Couplings, including Internal Tilt–Wheel Mechanism; Steering Box and Rack and Pinion Gear Housings; Power Steering Assist Cylinder; Power Steering Pump Cooler; Twin “I” Beam & Bushings; and Steering Travel Stop.

Rear Wheel Steering: Rear Steering Shaft and Couplings; Power Cylinder and Pump; Electronic Control Unit/Solenoid; Phase Control Unit; Stepper Motor; Steering Box; Control Valve; Rack; and Tie Rod Ends.

Brakes: Master Cylinder; Power Brake Cylinder; Vacuum/Hydro Assist Booster; Disc Brake Caliper; Wheel Cylinders; Compensating Valve; Brake Hydraulic Lines and Fittings; Hydraulic Control Unit; Hydraulic Trailer Brake Assembly and its Components. The following ABS Parts are also covered: Electronic Control Processor; Wheel Speed Sensors; Hydraulic Pump/Motor Assembly; Pressure Modulator Valve/Isolation Dump Valve; and Accumulator.

Electrical: Alternator; Voltage Regulator; Starter Motor; Starter Solenoid and Starter Drive; Engine Compartment Wiring Harness; Computerized Timing Control Unit; Electronic Ignition Module; Crank Angle Sensor; Knock Sensor; Ignition Switch; Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder; Front and Rear Window Wiper Motor, Washer Pump and Switch; Stop Lamp Switch; Headlamp Switch; Turn Signal Switch; Heater/A.C. Blower Speed Switch; Manual Heater/A.C. Control Head; Horns; Trailer Brake Wiring Harness; Auxiliary Power Supply Wiring; Exterior Cab Lighting; Auxiliary Fuel Tank Switching Unit and Switch; and O-2 Sensors.

Enhanced Electrical: Electronic Instrument Cluster; Distributor; Ignition Coil; Electronic Combination Entry System (Does Not Include Transmitters and Receivers for Remote Locks); Cruise Control Module, Transducer, Servo and Amplifier; Powertrain Control Module; Headlamp Motors; Power Window Motor; Power Seat Motor; Power Mirror Motor; Power Antenna Motor/Mast Assembly; Convertible Top Motor; Power Sunroof Motor; Power Window Switch; Cruise Control Engagement Switch; Power Seat Switch; Power Mirror Motor Switch; Rear Defogger Switch; Power Door Lock Actuator and Switch.

Optional Luxury Package: Power Tailgate Lock; Illuminated Visor Vanity; Mileage Computer; Emergency Trunk Release; Automatic Climate Control Programmer. The: GPS/Navigation System; Factory Installed TV/VCR/DVD players.

Air Conditioner: Condenser; Compressor, Compressor Clutch and Pulley; Air Conditioning Lines and Hoses; Evaporator; Idler Pulley and Idler Pulley Bearing; High/Low Compressor Cut–Off Switch; Expansion Valve; and Pressure Cycling Switch. The following parts are also covered if they are required in connection with the repair of a covered part listed above only if they have failed: Accumulator/Receiver Dryer; Orifice Tube; Oil and Refrigerant.

Front and Rear Suspension: Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Shafts and Bearings or Bushings; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Radius Arm and Bushings; Torsion Bars, Mounts and Bushings; Stabilizer Bar, Links and Bushings; Struts; Strut Bearing Plates; Spindle and Spindle Support; Wheel Bearings; Pannard Bar; Track Bar; Suspension Bumpers; Leaf Springs; Leaf Spring Shackles and Hardware; Load Assist Shocks; Shocks; Load Assist Springs; and Coil Springs.

Variable Dampening Suspension: Compressor; Control Module; Dampening Actuator; Solenoid; Struts; Height Sensor; and Mode Selector Switch.

Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection Pump and Injectors; Vacuum Pump; Fuel Tank; Fuel Tank Sending Unit; Metal Fuel Delivery Lines; Fuel Pressure Regulator; and Fuel Tank Switching Unit/Switch.

Cooling: Engine Cooling Fan and Motor; Fan Clutch; Belt Tensioner; Radiator; Heater Core; Thermostat; Blower Motor; Hot Water Valve; Engine Oil Cooler; Cooler Lines and Fittings.

Seals & Gaskets: Seals and gaskets of covered components designed to prevent the loss of necessary coolants, lubricants, and fluids.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:57 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

^^That sounds pretty complete. AK, have you made a claim with the company and how easy was it, if so?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 AM
ArabianKnight
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a claim on an Audi I had last year. Pretty simple, the dealer calls them and they may have to come out and inspect the vehicle and approve the claim depending on what is claimed. I had all brand new control arms replaced on an Audi S8 that would have been 2k if i paid out of pocket. I am happy with them.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:58 AM
genebopp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It lists so much that would make me nervous. Extended Warranties come in 2 ways, Inclusionary and exclusionary. While it sounds like you might want the inclusionary one, you don't. The inclusionary one ONLY covers the parts that it lists. Exclusionary lists the part that it doesn't cover. So Exclusionary covers everything, but a small list that you can read and see. I had a Warranty Direct warranty on an Audi. It seemed like they paid the full repair price and the dealer labor rate, but it didn't work out that way. The Audi dealer had 2 books of labor times. The book they used when the Audi warranty was paying and a different one for when the customer was paying. The time for each job was different.. Warranty Direct would only pay the labor time for Audi warranty book. It really sounds like the Warranty was being fair, but the dealer wasn't. But at the end of the day I had to pay more. When I traded the car in I got a much bigger check back that I thought I would. I think it was almost 1/2 of what I paid. That made my warranty a loss for Warranty Direct. They paid out much more money than they kept and gave back to me. I was really surprised.

Quick Reply: CPO Expiring. I need an aftermarket warranty