Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another 2011 Turbo PASM air spring problem thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 05:33 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

Very disappointed with the CTT Air Struts! What a fu*&^ing joke for the manufacturer selling systems that aren't mutli-season, multi-year tested!

After 3 years of cursing the cool/cold weather days due to my right front air strut leaking and causing the compressor to run and time out and induce locked out mode. I finally replaced the air strut and back to normal...but how long before the next starts to leak! https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...nne-turbo.html
Old 02-25-2019, 11:27 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Nothing encouraging to report here - I had the dealer replace both the front right and then later the front left. The car still does its deflate/inflate dance and the compressor cycles all the time. Now the dealership tells me this is normal behavior (where they originally stated I needed to replace the front right strut or the compressor would burn out early!)
I've grown accustomed to the idea that this is not my forever car and am currently just dealing with it.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:32 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 616 Posts

The cold is not the cause but it only brings the issue to the3 surface. Over time it progresses to happening at any temperature. I had exactly the same issue on my Cayenne and had it fixed by replacing 3 struts a bunch of hoses and the pump. I think some of that may not have been necessary but they just could not fix it otherwise (I had two shops look at it). I'm not thinking it may be some suspension glitch or something because why would it always be the front right strut dropping, on different cars?
Old 02-26-2019, 12:12 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 169 Posts

Several years ago I dealt with this same issue on wife's LR3 Land Rover. The compressor cycling all the time on her air suspension. Turns out the compressor had a moisture sensor and the desiccant used to dry the atmospheric air had expired. I disassembled the compressor, replaced the desiccant with $8 of new material from amazon and re-installed. That fix held for 30K miles until we sold the car at 150K miles. Has anyone tried investigating the 958 compressor to see if it is of a similar design?

Just an idea...

Quick Reply: Another 2011 Turbo PASM air spring problem thread