Sponsored By:

Apple Car Play for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:20 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 604
Mariner, who installed your system in Vancouver???

i used trickfactory of Coquitlam, they had a second location at I think it was 930 Tupper Ave , Ask for Tim
will PM you his cell. Number

edit :’
could not send you a PM , check your inbox at 6speedonlime .
hooe that would help
Old 02-18-2019, 12:54 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2019, 01:03 PM
BOLEN
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-pictures.html

Last edited by BOLEN; 02-24-2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM
sdunsworth
Track Day

Is anyone aware of an installer in the Chicago area (North Shore or NW suburbs preferably)?
Old 03-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Flexxxx
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdunsworth
Is anyone aware of an installer in the Chicago area (North Shore or NW suburbs preferably)?
I am also looking for a Chicago area installer -- please let me know if you find one or if anyone has suggestions.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 PM
CTCayenneTurbo
Cruisin'

Can you be listening to Sirius/xm and still have Waze or Google maps doing nav functions ?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 AM
BOLEN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CTCayenneTurbo
Can you be listening to Sirius/xm and still have Waze or Google maps doing nav functions ?
This kit does not effect the XM capability
Old 03-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BOLEN
This kit does not effect the XM capability
true, but if you want to listen to XM don’t you need to select SAT? Versus the AUX you select for sound from the CarPlay (to be able to hear Waze)?
Old 03-16-2019, 01:54 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Can someone confirm if I will loose my AUX BT with this Mod? if so, does this means I can only play my spotify music when plugged in to the supplied USB input? please advise
Old 03-16-2019, 10:58 AM
BOLEN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Galion
Can someone confirm if I will loose my AUX BT with this Mod? if so, does this means I can only play my spotify music when plugged in to the supplied USB input? please advise
you can play anything (any app ) on the iOS CarPlay side; also you WILL NOT lose your AUXBT input.

There is an option in the menu of the CarPlay system to switch between the Porsche PCM and the CarPlay system using the diamond key on the Porsche steering wheel.
I use it a lot but you can simply switch sources using the source button; while the CarPlay is active. Everything works fine.

The following users liked this post:
afriedrich (03-16-2024)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you, that’s good news.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:31 PM
pitrow
Track Day

Originally Posted by element
Just finished my install... I have the XM module, so needed 25mm risers and everything fit in there.. the risers are M2.5 and lots of kits available for $10 on amazon.

Overall the setup is pretty good, you do need to switch to AUX audio manually which is an extra click, but this is a hack. You cant have your radio playing something and carplay audio at the same time even though the screen is showing carplay.

phil.
Hi Phil.
Just ordered the wireless version off aliexpress to install in wife's Panamera. She needs XM so looking at the risers. Is there a specific size I need? Would a kit like this work?
Amazon Amazon

Really hoping this mod works well as I posted in a Cayenne thread around this topic, I'm looking at getting one and was only going to jump up to the '17 for the CarPlay integration and extra year of warranty, but would save $10K+ going with a similar mile '16.

Also, now that you've been living with yours for awhile, still pretty happy? Any issues to keep in mind?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:57 AM
Kayvan1347
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking to get that wireless version from AliExpress too. Please let us know the result.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Ziad Abou-Chalha
Cruisin'

HI all. I got the same unit and managed to install the board on top of the satellite radio by using longer screws that I luckily found in a local hardware shop with some plastic spacers to keep from sliding down. Now everything works fine except one thing, now I lost the AUX BT/ USB/ JUKEBOX option. The phone connects to the car and I can see my device and make calls but I can't see the AUX BT, USB or JUKEBOX option and media from my phone does not play through the PCM BT but it plays through the carplay BT. Any idea on how to fix this issue? Is it a connection problem or software? I am guessing maybe the HD is not connected. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:46 AM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ziad Abou-Chalha

HI all. I got the same unit and managed to install the board on top of the satellite radio by using longer screws that I luckily found in a local hardware shop with some plastic spacers to keep from sliding down. Now everything works fine except one thing, now I lost the AUX BT/ USB/ JUKEBOX option. The phone connects to the car and I can see my device and make calls but I can't see the AUX BT, USB or JUKEBOX option and media from my phone does not play through the PCM BT but it plays through the carplay BT. Any idea on how to fix this issue? Is it a connection problem or software? I am guessing maybe the HD is not connected. Any help is appreciated.
Might seem trivial- but is your phone’s BT connection still paired to the PCM? Or only the CarPlay?

Please report back- I’m considering purchasing that same kit...

Quick Reply: Apple Car Play for PCM 3.1