Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone go from Michelin latitude to Conti DWS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 03:13 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts
Default Anyone go from Michelin latitude to Conti DWS?

Hello All

My 958 GTS needs new tires and I am thinking about moving away from Michelin Latitudes and giving Conti DWS a shot.

Is anyone running same tires on 958 S, GTS or turbo?

I have been told DWS are not as sticky and have softer side wall resulting in less feedback, but they do offer better longevity and allows me to use the car when we have occasional snow/bad weather.

Looking for feedback and user experiences

Thank you
Old 12-23-2017, 05:04 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

DWS has been replaced with DWS 06, which is a noticeable improvement. So don't buy DWS but rather DWS 06. Compared to Latitudes, DWS 06 a good choice. Less traction in the dry is not going to be an issue - still more traction than a normal driver would be comfortable exploiting in a tall SUV. Traction in the wet is good too. Snow traction is not good. Possible to get around in a pinch, but not comparable to even cheap winter tires. Tire wear is MUCH better than Latitudes. Noise is slightly worse on rough roads and potholes but same on good surface. Sidewall is about the same, maybe slightly squishier, but not that noticeable. In my opinion, it's a good trade, especially for regions where real winter tires are not necessary.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:33 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
DWS has been replaced with DWS 06, which is a noticeable improvement. So don't buy DWS but rather DWS 06. Compared to Latitudes, DWS 06 a good choice. Less traction in the dry is not going to be an issue - still more traction than a normal driver would be comfortable exploiting in a tall SUV. Traction in the wet is good too. Snow traction is not good. Possible to get around in a pinch, but not comparable to even cheap winter tires. Tire wear is MUCH better than Latitudes. Noise is slightly worse on rough roads and potholes but same on good surface. Sidewall is about the same, maybe slightly squishier, but not that noticeable. In my opinion, it's a good trade, especially for regions where real winter tires are not necessary.
thank you

your feedback is exactly what I have been reading in reviews etc.
My only concern is road noise but I am hoping its not considerably loud, 958 especially in GTS trim has a pretty quiet interior so hoping it won't be a problem

One of the tires (or valves) has a strange leak, for the last 2 days. First time temps have gone down to teens. no leak when temps are above 30.. strange
Time to order tires
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Ordered the tires today, should be here by the end of the week

will update driving impressions once I get the tires..
Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 AM
Expat444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested to hear what you think of them once you've got them installed as I'm thinking about trying them.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

I just replaced the factory Michelin Latitudes with Continentals DWS 06 ( 295/35/21, I have Porsche classic wheels on my 958 GTS)

Early impressions are as follows:

- Straight line ride quality, on B roads and at under 55 MPH, the tire has slightly harder ride quality than Michelin (and I mean just by 3%-5%)

- Hard corners the side wall seems a tad bit softer

- Road noise at Hwy speeds is about the same, on concrete-ish roads its slightly louder than the Michelins and on blacktop roads its as quiet as the Michelin

The Michelins only lasted 17K miles and should have been replaced 1000 miles ago. Hoping to make these last a little longer

No regrets so far

Quick Reply: Anyone go from Michelin latitude to Conti DWS?