Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Alarm stopped CHIRPING when armed!?!

Old 11-18-2017, 07:37 AM
JimboMac
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2013 Cayenne Turbo and the first thing I asked the dealer to do when I bought it this summer was to turn off the super wimpy horn beep-beep when locking the car. No can do. It is such a misfit sound for a beefy 500hp auto. I’m embarrassed every time I lock the car.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:55 PM
enoenoenin
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Turned the child lock and manual lock a couple times now I get the chirp and door locks. Fixed......for now
Hi, my 2011 CS used to have a chirp when locking too but it disappeared a year ago and I havent found out how to get it back.
May I ask which child lock did turn? The button on the left driver window control or the one on the rear door?
And what manual lock are you referring to? The one on the center console of the one on the key fob?
TIA
Old 03-09-2018, 04:09 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Wanted to refresh this thread, as I'm trying to figure-out this alarm-chirp vs horn-honk for the sound when locking the vehicle, and if there might be a way to change it (via parts). My 2013 CD makes this horrible, low-pitched, sick-animal sounding "honk honk" when I lock it, but all the loaner Cayennes and Mecans I've driven over the past year would lock with a higher-pitched "beep beep" that's akin to what an aftermarket alarm sounds like when you disable it.

Now, reading through this thread, it sounds like these sounds might even vary within the same generation of cayennes, so I'm wondering if there are different Alarm sirens.. I'm looking through parts diagrams online now to see what I can find.

EDIT: So the part number is 1K8951605B, and from what I've seen so far, this is used for VWs and Audis as well, and shows to be the same part for all Cayennes and Panameras from 2010 to 2017. That makes this even weirder, and makes me wonder if my siren got full of water or something, as it doesn't sound like something someone would create on purpose.

I think this is what it's supposed to sound like, but mine sounds nothing like this (at the 16 second mark):

Last edited by dollarlongnecks; 03-09-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: New Info
Old 11-15-2018, 07:52 PM
edde
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I'll be. Just found this thread for my no chirp/no lights and sure enough the pass rear door didn't lock. I could NOT figure out why the interior lights came back on. I believe the red light on drivers door was also flashing fast trying to tell me something's wrong. I opened up the back door and pressed the flat lock actuator button in the rear, shut the door and it was normal again.

Thanks projekt-h ! I thought I was going nutz.
The following users liked this post:
wraedeohed (12-30-2022)
Old 11-15-2018, 11:52 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by edde
Well, I'll be. Just found this thread for my no chirp/no lights and sure enough the pass rear door didn't lock. I could NOT figure out why the interior lights came back on. I believe the red light on drivers door was also flashing fast trying to tell me something's wrong. I opened up the back door and pressed the flat lock actuator button in the rear, shut the door and it was normal again.

A failed latch starts acting intermittently... I'll bet you're due to replace the latch assembly very soon...
The following users liked this post:
Hawkpilot6060 (07-26-2023)
Old 11-18-2018, 09:09 PM
edde
Instructor

Originally Posted by garrett376
A failed latch starts acting intermittently... I'll bet you're due to replace the latch assembly very soon...
Indeed. It's coming and going daily. If it fails to lock properly I unlock and open/shut that door and it works again. For now at least.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:05 PM
lorenzo303
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My battery needing jumping after I hadn't driven my 2004 Cayenne for about 2 months. Once successfully jumped, I got on the highway, and so far all is good. Car starts so it just seems i drained it by not driving it very much for the winter. However, I noted the chirp didn't work at all when I locked the car, like it normally does. After driving for a couple of hours, everything on the Cayenne worked perfectly except the chirp. Then I remembered. Go to Setting>Comfort>Door alarm. The box had become unchecked because of the battery drain. I simply checked it. And now all is good. Cayenne is chirping when I lock the doors. Very easy fix.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:45 PM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PORSCHEJAYHAWK
As clarification: were you getting the "double beep" of the horn prior to doing this child lock/ manual lock deal? As described in my message above, I would much prefer the "chirp" over the "double beep" I get now on my 2013 CD.
2017 C TTS, chirp went away after a rear control module change. Annoyed at the shop and that its stopped working. Any solution other than spending more money at it?
Old 02-04-2023, 05:27 AM
slwtrbo
1st Gear

okay I know this thread is years old at this point, but I figured I would post here anyway. I just bought a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. Love this thing so far, however, I noticed almost right away that it doesn't make any sound at all when I lock the doors (other than the physical sound of the doors mechanically locking), but no chirp or horn honk. I double checked that the horn worked, and I made sure that all the doors are actually locking. When I lock the car, the lights all turn off and the little red alarm active light turns on, however no chirp. What's more concerning to me is that when I hold down the panic button on the key fob, all the lights start flashing, but absolutely no sound is made. Very strange. Also, when I lock the car and hear the locks click shut, if I press the lock button a second time, the lights all start flashing again in the same way they do when you hit the panic button. They continue to flash until you hit the unlock button. This worries me because I'm afraid I'll accidentally hit the lock button twice while walking away from the car, and I'll come back to a dead battery from the flashing lights.

I read that the dealer can disable the lock chirp, but does anyone know if this would also cause the panic button alarm to stop functioning?? Very strange and a bit annoying.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:30 PM
UNYboater
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edde

Old thread resurrect, sorry! I also am seeing the no-lock right-rear door/no chirp/interior lights coming back on (for exactly 2 minutes) when locking via remote. The oddest part for me is that ONLY the right-rear door-handle lock-button locks things (other than the remote); the rest of the door-handle buttons don't seem to do anything anymore. If it's a failing latch assembly, would that take out the door-handle lock buttons?
Old 02-21-2023, 12:30 AM
edde
Instructor

Dunno, might depend on what kind of entry system you have. If it fails to lock and the chirp is gone you need a new actuator. The alarm probably goes off if you open it locked.

BTW, by the time I got around to ordering the first lock, I needed TWO.
Old 07-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Rob36
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MIK911
2011 Cayenne Base
The audible Chirp when arming the alarm has stopped chirping for both keys #1 and#2. Lights still flash, alarm still functioning.
Mega search revealed no answers.

Worse yet, dealer can't tell me why, and cannot fix it.

Any thoughts?
Check Your Drivers side rear passenger door > while the other 3 doors are likely locked, the bad door is not & will open. Good news is (at least with mine ..2011 S V8) the alarm will sound should someone open that specific door > also good news is that little red flashing light on the door does it's thing showing ppl it's activated/armed & thus assume all 4 doors are locked.

I'm told by my Mechanic the door lock mechanism for that door needs to be replaced > in reading either this or another similar thread here, some have success tinkering with the child lock switch while locking/unlocking to get the door back in sync to where it locks, if I understood correctly.

Last edited by Rob36; 07-18-2023 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:34 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob36
Check Your Drivers side rear passenger door > while the other 3 doors are likely locked, the bad door is not & will open. Good news is (at least with mine ..2011 S V8) the alarm will sound should someone open that specific door > also good news is that little red flashing light on the door does it's thing showing ppl it's activated/armed & thus assume all 4 doors are locked.

I'm told by my Mechanic the door lock mechanism for that door needs to be replaced > in reading either this or another similar thread here, some have success tinkering with the child lock switch while locking/unlocking to get the door back in sync to where it locks, if I understood correctly.
You are replying to a member who's probably long gone. He post is almost 6 years old.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:40 PM
Rob36
7th Gear

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
You are replying to a member who's probably long gone. He post is almost 6 years old.
Hopefully it will be of help for others who find this forum & thread > as was the case for me today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm stopped CHIRPING when armed!?!