Sponsored By:

Central Locking System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 02:28 AM
projekt-h
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Central Locking System Malfunction

So, it seems that I'm having an issue with the central locking system. When I go to lock the car, the interior lights go off, then back on again, and the indicator LEDs on the door flash quickly. Something got disrupted in my right rear door, as that one isn't locking with the rest of them.

Is there something I can do to reset or relearn the central locking to fix this?

I'm guessing it somehow got thrown off when a friend was checking the car out and opened the right rear door, even though the vehicle was unlocked the whole time, so I'm a little confused as to what may have caused this. I'll lock that door with the emergency key for now, but nothing else I've seen shows what caused this, or how to fix it, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

**Edit: Manually locked the problem door with the emergency key. Locked the whole vehicle, then unlocked (did this a couple times) and everything seems to be fine now. (Still confused as to what threw it off, but now I know the fix this should it happen again)

***Edit 2: That worked as a temporary solution. It's still doing it randomly....

Last edited by projekt-h; 08-18-2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Solution NOT Found
Old 08-14-2017, 01:40 PM
projekt-h
Instructor

Default I was wrong, it's still malfunctioning

Well, it would seems as though I was wrong, and don't have it actually figured out.

From what I can tell so far, some of the time when I unlock more than just the driver's door, the right rear door gets out of sync with the locking system and will unlock, but not lock again. I can still get it to lock the manual way, and use that as to be able to close and lock up when parked.

I'll do some more experimenting to see what I can get it to do exactly later today. Anyone else experience this or have a better idea from how I can describe it as of right now?
Old 08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry ... can't help other than to suggest have you tried going in and changing the vehicle default to unlock all the doors on key press and see if that works ... if it does then change it back to driver's door only -- that is assuming your problem is with the key fob ....
Old 08-14-2017, 07:42 PM
projekt-h
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Sorry ... can't help other than to suggest have you tried going in and changing the vehicle default to unlock all the doors on key press and see if that works ... if it does then change it back to driver's door only -- that is assuming your problem is with the key fob ....
Haven't tried that since it started doing this, I'll do that this evening.

Seems to be doing it any time I unlock all four now. Also my rear hatch doesn't close with the key fob button now, don't know if that's related.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 AM
projekt-h
Instructor

Changed the setting to unlock all doors at once, seems to have fixed it for now. Will have to use it like this a few days and open all the doors and make sure it's doing what it should now.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:18 AM
projekt-h
Instructor

Update: Changing it to unlock all doors got it working for a couple days, then stopped. It sounds like when standing by the door, and locking it, the electronics actuate it but apparently doesn't actually lock it.

I'd be more inclined to say there's a linkage or mechanism failure, but this seems to be very intermittent and choosy about when it wants to act up. I may have to pull the door panel off and poke around to see what it's doing.

This is a very, very silly problem to have

Quick Reply: Central Locking System Malfunction