Sponsored by:

GTS build slots

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GTS build slots

I am thinking of a new Cayenne GTS. Are build slots easily obtainable, of is it like the cars...tough to find.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts

When I built mine I didn't get the impression there was a limitation. But there was some mention of how many build slots the dealer had available in total. I was shopping in August (for an eventual November delivery) and they only had 'so many' allocations for Cayennes. Come to think of it, there may have been some question regarding my change from an S to a GTS (as the price as just $1200 more).

I am supremely happy I made the jump to the GTS, and not at all disappointed to have avoiding being bent over another $30k for a Turbo or $50k Turbo S. $1200 for the added HP was more reasonable.

Best to check among your local dealers for this. I'm sure there's some behind the scenes horse trading that can go on among dealers if you want something and they don't have a production slot.

If you can swing a road trip, pickup from one of the Experience Centers would be a fantastic way to get to know your new GTS on the way back home. Bit of a haul back to Texas though. Seeing your line-up of vehicles, though, says you probably already know all about this already!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:43 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. I just started to read about the intermittent turbo issues. Having second thoughts now. I get the issues with the cars that we track, but an SUV, really?!

Quick Reply: GTS build slots