Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Daaaaan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So...I just bought the module from obd2tool.com. Should arrive in a couple of days. This one (I hope it's the appropriate one): http://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5052

After reading 21 pages of older comments...I am a little confused. Which app are you guys using? EZdiag or ICarSoft?

Which one is more complex / better working?

Last edited by Daaaaan; 06-05-2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-05-2018, 07:56 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaaaan
So...I just bought the module from obd2tool.com. Should arrive in a couple of days. This one (I hope it's the appropriate one): http://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5052

After reading 21 pages of older comments...I am a little confused. Which app are you guys using? EZdiag or ICarSoft?

Which one is more complex / better working?
Using EZDiag. Once hooked up, latest firmware, all worked well.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone know if it’ll reset the oil change for a 2016 cayenne?(since it shows only working to 2014 models) If not any recommendations for another tool that works for 2016 Cayenne Diesel? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:22 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayaknfly
Anyone know if it’ll reset the oil change for a 2016 cayenne?(since it shows only working to 2014 models) If not any recommendations for another tool that works for 2016 Cayenne Diesel? Thanks.
Yes, it should work on all 958s.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

One would think so. But website doesn’t clarify. Will probably purchase in the next few weeks to a month when oil change is due and find out.
Thanks
Old 06-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Mike5070
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking into this again. Will it do more than the Icarsoft por ii ? I bought the por ii when this one wasn't available. Is it really good as adurametric?? Can anyone provide a link to the recommended purchase point?

Thanks, Mike
Old 06-17-2018, 03:17 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Mine downloaded the latest Porsche software the other day (despite my 1 year free updates being up..) Version V21.80, and it appears now that enabling codes can be written to the Gateway (I think) to turn things on/off - like the compass, log book, etc. It does require a hexadecimal code that I assume can only be obtained from Porsche (or somewhere in Russia.. ) I didn't try it since my car has most everything turned on already (except internal phone module - which it doesn't have, and HiDef FM - which it also doesn't have).. and I didn't have any codes to use.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:19 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike5070
Looking into this again. Will it do more than the Icarsoft por ii ? I bought the por ii when this one wasn't available. Is it really good as adurametric?? Can anyone provide a link to the recommended purchase point?

Thanks, Mike
Mike - all of your questions have been answered - some multiple times - in this thread. I know it's rather long - but scanning through it should get you the information you want, without repeating it yet again in the thread.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Mike5070
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I know some of my questions have been answered previously, sorry for asking again.

Since this tool is not always available I was really looking for a current trusted vendor to buy from?

Thanks, Mike
Old 06-17-2018, 08:17 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I know some of my questions have been answered previously, sorry for asking again.

Since this tool is not always available I was really looking for a current trusted vendor to buy from?

Thanks, Mike
I happened to purchase mine off eBay several months ago via a "Make Offer" and once the back & forth was done I paid $190 w/free shipping. That was for the older "8 software version" but the asking price is the same. Do an eBay search of icarscan x431 and the first couple that come up with an asking price of $235 are the vendor I bought from.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:22 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Thanks, Mike
Hey Mike,

Again - reading the thread carefully might have yielded that info. Look at post https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post15072226 - that is from a vendor of the tool. It's back one page, the post immediately following yours. I rather suspect if you visit their website you might just find it for sale - probably for under $200. Can't say for sure since I haven't looked lately - but it is nice to see a vendor providing support for their tool here. It isn't something I've seen other diagnostics vendors do.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:29 PM
redstack
Instructor

OK I've ordered my unit from obd11 on line and am waiting for it to arrive.
My question is which of the functions should I download? Some I cant figure from the pictograph and abbreviation. Does anyone like the guy selling this unit or those of you who have one, have any guidance on what some of the things mean? I've asked this three times on here, but haven't got a response. I think I only have 11 choices and 10 picks so I only have to give up one. What do you think?
Old 07-13-2018, 07:24 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

I just got mine and used it today to reset the oil service on my cayenne. I also had a few odd codes, one which led me to replace my key fob battery. It’s a pretty cool tool. A little nervous to play around with it too much as I don’t want it to screw something up.
I had a hard time picking the products also. In the end I picked as follows:
brands:
porsche, Mazda, mini, Ford, bmw (vehicles we own or family owns).
Then I did these 5 functions:
reset TPMS, reset oil, reset bleed, reset brake and immobilizer/keys. (covered some basic maintence items I do on vehicles. Haven’t use anything yet other then the Porsche. I need to make a new key for a Mazda..... not sure if it’ll work but figured it’d try eventually. Maybe in the next year if I ever get around to it. Wish I’d known what some of the other functions do also. Not much info. I figured I may buy a future car brand if needed later $50 per one or they sell bundles also. Which 11 were you thinking about?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:46 PM
redstack
Instructor

Kayak,
Well, I've gone to the page supplied by the seller and of course I'm more confused than ever. It says 10 downloads, does that mean 5 cars and 5 special functions?
Then there is this
Here is a brief introduction of special functions in the main menu and that under a model.
1. Special function in the main menu
If users choose special functions in the main menu and select one, then users can perform this function for all models developed in the list.
For example, users go to Special Functions in the main menu for oil reset, they can reset oil for all cars listed there like BMW, Toyota, Honda and cannot go to diagnosis or others.
2.Special functions under a model
That is a special function like oil reset after users go to BMW software.
For example, users go to BMW software, there must be lots of functions incl. Special Functions. Then, they can select oil reset for the BMW mode
Does that mean if you pick oil reset under the main menu it is a function of all cars listed, but if you don't pick it you can maybe find it under a specific car brand?

Key reset, wouldn't that be great for our porsches, but i'm guessing it doesn't do them. I need a new key for both a cayenne and a miata.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:58 PM
redstack
Instructor

So here is the list of special functions Do we get to pick 5 or 10? . I would guess I want
1. reset oil,
2. I'd be willing to try the key function in hopes it will work with some car on my list.
3.What does the Battery MS one do?
4. What is the difference between Bleeding and rest brake?

I'm trying to do the 100k service and so I"m changing the oil and all air filters, I"m just curios what I"m going to get for my $225,

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.