Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service life of injectors?

Old 09-19-2016, 04:19 PM
spooltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Service life of injectors?

What's the best thinking on estimated service life of fuel injectors on a 955 Turbo? I've read conflicting information - some say they degrade and the spray patterns degrade once you get around 125K miles. Others say so long as you use good fuel and periodically use some injector cleaner in the gas, and confirm correct electrical resistance, the injectors should last the life of the vehicle. I'm sort of leaning toward the notion that these are wear parts at some point; I'm just not sure at what point that becomes true. Thoughts?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:01 PM
r553
Addict
Rennlist Member

You could have them cleaned and flow tested by someone like https://www.rceng.com/Fuel-Injector-Cleaning-P43C0.aspx
Old 09-20-2016, 04:07 PM
wrinkledpants
User

I would say when you start misfiring or having issues. Plenty of high-performance german cars with 200K+ miles and original injectors. It's not something I worry about, personally. I get gas from Costco, or wherever is convenient. I've never had an injector issue on any of my cars, and most were sold with 200K+ miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service life of injectors?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: