Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great American Cayennes for Sale

Old 08-18-2016, 02:55 AM
laxinchili
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedvagen
I bought my Cayenne from there recently. They have some great pricing on cars. No haggle but I did some haggling anyways.

But the Cayenne you are looking at is pretty nice - I saw it when I was there last weekend. Higher mileage but good price based on the options.
awesome!
how much haggling did you get away with?

anything that turned you away from this car when you saw it?
is the milage really that high for a Cayenne?
Old 08-18-2016, 10:32 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by laxinchili
I'm looking at this
http://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail-...-15280966.html
What do you guys think?

I've always wanted a Cayenne
Thanks
Dunno on the price - off the top of my head it seems a tad high for that sort of mileage. No warranty that I could see - and you DO want some sort of warranty. Not badly equipped - if you don't want air-suspension, and the adaptive cruise control (which includes the pre-brake safety feature..) No blind-spot warning goobers (these are VERY good!)

If the price is good - and you can talk them into a warranty - and the tires and brakes are fairly recent and service records are available and up to date then it's probably an OK deal. Tires and brakes on a Cayenne can easily add up to $3-5,000 depending on what tires you get and who does the brakes, so I'd like those to be excellent on any used one I was considering (which I didn't on the last one I bought - and it cost me..)
Old 08-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Dunno on the price - off the top of my head it seems a tad high for that sort of mileage. No warranty that I could see - and you DO want some sort of warranty. Not badly equipped - if you don't want air-suspension, and the adaptive cruise control (which includes the pre-brake safety feature..) No blind-spot warning goobers (these are VERY good!)

If the price is good - and you can talk them into a warranty - and the tires and brakes are fairly recent and service records are available and up to date then it's probably an OK deal. Tires and brakes on a Cayenne can easily add up to $3-5,000 depending on what tires you get and who does the brakes, so I'd like those to be excellent on any used one I was considering (which I didn't on the last one I bought - and it cost me..)
You would need to get the car's service history and get a PPI of course. I was able to do and get both. Got my PPI at Gerber.

As for warranty, I had a little factory warranty time left and then bought a Fidelity extended warranty. This black one won't have it and Elliott won't give you one.

They have a blue S with 36k miles for $42.5 that I seriously looked at as well. I think that one is a better buy. I didn't sit inside the black one but from my fairly quick look at the body it looked good.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Lexlthr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The price is definitely too high. I just bought a one owner 2011 sand white over black S two months ago similar to that one with just over 70k miles for $36k. Mine has the same 21' wheels, gloss black window trim, a pano roof, full leather (dash, doors, grab handles), entry and drive, PASM, air suspension, heated/ cooled seats, power rear sun shades, tow package and was only serviced at the Porsche dealer.

I would offer them $30k and if they don't take it be prepared to walk.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:08 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mdosu
help me find a nicely optioned 958 SEH!
2015 SEH (I think at least based on what you said before) 31K miles, asking 63.5K. Given it's in Kentfield, I bet you could get a couple G's off "market" if you make it a painless process for the seller.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5738064486.html
Old 08-18-2016, 02:11 PM
dhc905
Banned

Originally Posted by Lexlthr
The price is definitely too high. I just bought a one owner 2011 sand white over black S two months ago similar to that one with just over 70k miles for $36k. Mine has the same 21' wheels, gloss black window trim, a pano roof, full leather (dash, doors, grab handles), entry and drive, PASM, air suspension, heated/ cooled seats, power rear sun shades, tow package and was only serviced at the Porsche dealer.

I would offer them $30k and if they don't take it be prepared to walk.
Really!? You think the difference in options is worth $6K (almost 20% of the price) today?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:33 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc905
2015 SEH (I think at least based on what you said before) 31K miles, asking 63.5K. Given it's in Kentfield, I bet you could get a couple G's off "market" if you make it a painless process for the seller.

Do those pics and lack of details make anyone else question it's legitimacy?
Old 08-18-2016, 04:07 PM
dhc905
Banned

^^ It has a real phone number with the right area code. I'm thinking it's a Marin stay at home mom (Lisa) who thinks it would be fun to try and sell a car to mix up the commute to the country club and daycare.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:22 PM
mdosu
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

sorry, what you mean by Kentfield and off market?

I mean, I'll pay cash, if the title is clean and clear. But if I have to deal with her having to make up the rest of the loan principal, it'll get tricky, b/c I won't title in hand, we'll pretty much have to do it at her bank.

thanks for the find, it's worth a call. This is the first CL SEH I've ever seen. Mileage is super high though. I'll bet this is the highest mileage SEH in the US today.

**edit** I called, Lady is fussy and complicated. I'm checking the car out tomorrow. She's got all sorts of **** going on. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam.

Last edited by mdosu; 08-18-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 PM
laxinchili
4th Gear

You would need to get the car's service history and get a PPI of course. I was able to do and get both. Got my PPI at Gerber.

As for warranty, I had a little factory warranty time left and then bought a Fidelity extended warranty. This black one won't have it and Elliott won't give you one.

They have a blue S with 36k miles for $42.5 that I seriously looked at as well. I think that one is a better buy. I didn't sit inside the black one but from my fairly quick look at the body it looked good.
Sweet!
I found the blue one: http://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail-...-15093160.html

Why do you think it is a better buy, and why did you look away?
Old 08-18-2016, 11:52 PM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laxinchili
Sweet!
I found the blue one: http://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail-...-15093160.html

Why do you think it is a better buy, and why did you look away?
Lower mileage, clean car fax, priced pretty well based on black book and blue book. Not showroom condition as it has some chips and scratches here and there. Love the 2 tone interior as well.

For me, I wanted heated/ventilated seats, roof rack, rear back up camera and a hitch which the blue one did not have. Ended up buying a turbo which had all those options and more.

And something to think about - not a ton of inventory in this area. I know alot of Rennlisters may say they got better deals and they may have. I looked natuonally but you have to figure in the costs for transport, airfare to see it, other hassles, etc. so maybe paying a little more locally is worth it.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:48 AM
dhc905
Banned

Kentfield may be one of the most expensive towns in Marin; not sure you could buy a guest cottage for $1M and its replete with plenty of 5-15M estates.

Hopefully lady values her her time given that to realize that arguing for a couple extra thousand bucks isn't worth fighting for and cuts you a good deal.

I'm actually biking in Tiburon on my way to Sonoma, if you needed someone to check out it wouldn't be far off my way...

Originally Posted by mdosu
sorry, what you mean by Kentfield and off market?

I mean, I'll pay cash, if the title is clean and clear. But if I have to deal with her having to make up the rest of the loan principal, it'll get tricky, b/c I won't title in hand, we'll pretty much have to do it at her bank.

thanks for the find, it's worth a call. This is the first CL SEH I've ever seen. Mileage is super high though. I'll bet this is the highest mileage SEH in the US today.

**edit** I called, Lady is fussy and complicated. I'm checking the car out tomorrow. She's got all sorts of **** going on. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:43 AM
laxinchili
4th Gear

Lower mileage, clean car fax, priced pretty well based on black book and blue book. Not showroom condition as it has some chips and scratches here and there. Love the 2 tone interior as well.

For me, I wanted heated/ventilated seats, roof rack, rear back up camera and a hitch which the blue one did not have. Ended up buying a turbo which had all those options and more.

And something to think about - not a ton of inventory in this area. I know alot of Rennlisters may say they got better deals and they may have. I looked natuonally but you have to figure in the costs for transport, airfare to see it, other hassles, etc. so maybe paying a little more locally is worth it.
right on man. appreciate the input!

also looking for a roof rack

Last edited by laxinchili; 08-19-2016 at 02:44 AM. Reason: jelly of the turbo
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Lexlthr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really!? You think the difference in options is worth $6K (almost 20% of the price) today?
Yes. I do because those were the options I wanted and some of them are really rare on a S. Especially the air suspension, PASM, full leather and entry and drive. I won't buy another Cayenne without them.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:04 PM
mdosu
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Kentfield may be one of the most expensive towns in Marin; not sure you could buy a guest cottage for $1M and its replete with plenty of 5-15M estates.

Hopefully lady values her her time given that to realize that arguing for a couple extra thousand bucks isn't worth fighting for and cuts you a good deal.

I'm actually biking in Tiburon on my way to Sonoma, if you needed someone to check out it wouldn't be far off my way...
haha, thanks, and yes, you basically hit the seller profile on the dot. She made a few quick purchase decisions. She bought the Cayenne SEH on a whim, drove it a ton of miles as "she's in sales". Then fell in love with a Range Rover Sport, now she has two cars.

Unfortunately, I am no longer interested in a Cayenne SEH anymore. I'm now in the market for a Panamera SEH, 2014 to be exact. After driving the Panamera SEH today, it's more of the experience I was looking for.

You seem to be really good and active in browsing for these cars. Please let me know if a 2014 with the similar set of options pop up:

Must haves: (must have at least 2 of 3)
1. Entry and Drive
2. Ventilated and Heated Seats (usually comes as Premium Package, but are also a-la-carte options)
3. Rearview camera (I believe also comes with PP)

Nice to haves: (will be great to have at least 3 of the options below)
1. Surround view Camera
2. any metallic color
3. 14-way seats
4. Premium Package Plus
5. Lane Change Assist
6. 19, 20, 21 inch wheels
7. Exterior high gloss

Bonus: (having just 1 of the below will probably sway my decision to buy a particular car)
1. 7.2 kWh onboard charger (I don't think these were available on early build MY14s)
2. Sports Design body panels
3. Sport Chrono

There's one at Porsche of Livermore right now, but I already know their hand (their auction purchase price), and I know they won't take my offer as it'll be a money loser for them, but not by much. I'm thinking about offering to do financing if they're willing. Pannys are going to depreciate like a rock in the next 6-8 months with the 2017 redesign hitting dealer floors in Jan.

Last edited by mdosu; 08-19-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great American Cayennes for Sale