Sponsored by:

cayenne s vs turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:07 PM
finallymysti
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cayenne s vs turbo questions

hi looking at 04-06 cayenne s or turbo with 100-130k miles. uses are as my daily driver and tow vehicle for 7000lb enclosed track car trailer setup.

1) as far as maintenance and reliability is there going to be a difference between the s and turbo?

2) obviously while merging or passing the turbo with its extra power will be better for towing but is the s enough engine. i generally tow on flat ground/highway.

3) is the turbo worth the extra dollars for my needs?

4) whats your opinion on a car that was in an accident?

5) anything else i should consider between the two?

thank you very much
Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

A Cayenne of that age and mileage will most likely need new motor mounts. This job requires an engine drop on the turbo. Can be done without dropping the engine on an S. You also have to drop the engine to remove the turbos. These are the most significant maintenance differences between the turbo and an S that I know of.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is zero reason to save the money and not get a turbo since turbos are so cheap now. You will appreciate the extra power and standard turbo options. You will avoid the possible specter of cylinder scoring seen with the S. Very few S models have air suspension but turbos come standard with it. That alone will make trailering a lot nicer, what to speak of the power.

As far as buying a salvage vehicle goes... there are SO MANY nice cayennes on the market at affordable prices... why risk it?
Old 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't forget the much nicer interior that comes standard in the turbo.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:43 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by finallymysti
hi looking at 04-06 cayenne s or turbo with 100-130k miles. uses are as my daily driver and tow vehicle for 7000lb enclosed track car trailer setup.

1) as far as maintenance and reliability is there going to be a difference between the s and turbo?

2) obviously while merging or passing the turbo with its extra power will be better for towing but is the s enough engine. i generally tow on flat ground/highway.

3) is the turbo worth the extra dollars for my needs?

4) whats your opinion on a car that was in an accident?

5) anything else i should consider between the two?

thank you very much
1) same

2) turbo is better

3) the price between a S and Turbo that old is only a few thousand, might as well get the Turbo

4) NO. Never get a Porsche that was in a accident

5) Nope. Get the turbo

Quick Reply: cayenne s vs turbo questions