Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Leak from trans housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Villian
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not to hijack your thread Ted, but how did you get everything so clean in your pics?! That engine looks nearly new!
Old 09-20-2020, 04:20 AM
Chensley
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Going to revive a dead thread but I just found coolant leaking from my transmission bellhousing today and after pulling the intake off this evening it clearly came from a broken vent line and the other vent line attachment is also leaking.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:05 PM
hawgman
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Orantes nailed it. Led me straight to my problem. Thank you

It was initially a small crack in the fitting near the left head, but when i touched it it, it cracked wide open.

If you folks have the intake manifold off, i would replace this h piece - its probably brittle and near failure.

Old 09-28-2020, 01:53 PM
Chensley
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgman
Orantes nailed it. Led me straight to my problem. Thank you

It was initially a small crack in the fitting near the left head, but when i touched it it, it cracked wide open.

If you folks have the intake manifold off, i would replace this h piece - its probably brittle and near failure.
Same. The plastic fitting on that vent line (H-shaped piece) just crumbled when I touched it. It was leaking badly and filled the valley up with coolant. All cleaned out now, new starter installed, so far so good. Been driving it around with the undertray removed to make sure there aren't any other leaks going on down there.

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak from trans housing