Sponsored by:

Fuel injector wiring harness clip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 PM
ajoyce76
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injector wiring harness clip

Hi everybody. I recently pulled the intake manifold to replace a broken T behind the engine and in the process I lost a fuel injector wiring harness retainer clip. I went to the dealer to get a new one and they said I would have to buy the entire harness. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:04 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

It would help a bunch in getting an intelligent answer if you happened to mention the year/model of your Cayenne. They're not all the same.

That said - some of the rotary displays of random small car parts at real auto stores (NAPA for instance) have replacements for the more common of these sort of clips. Mostly for Bosch injectors which were used not only on German cars, but also Fords of various vintages.

And of course a good google might help.. even if you narrowed it down to other cars using similar injectors - that gives you a larger field to search in.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
ajoyce76
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned the year. Sorry. Okay it's a 2004 CTT. I've Googled just about everything I can think of. Ebay has some harness plugs for sale but I don't know if the clips would be the same. Any other car I would probably just go to a pick and pull junk yard and grab one but I don't think a junkyard like that is going to have a Cayenne. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:13 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Porsche didn't make the injectors. That means identical or very close ones will be found on other cars. Take a clip off one of the other injectors and visit your junkyard. Chances are excellent you'll find a match. Buy several so next time you lose one you can use your spare.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:48 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

If the injector connector is a standard Bosch two-pin connector, you can order the rectangular spring clip as part number 022.971.999 from VW/Audi or Porsche. (Sorry, it's late and cold and I'm not going outside to pop my Cayenne's hood to check on the injector connector!)

Quick Reply: Fuel injector wiring harness clip