Sponsored by:

955 Windshield Defrost Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 304 Likes on 232 Posts
Default 955 Windshield Defrost Question

I have an 05 CTT. The climate control works fine during normal operation.

But when I use the windshield defroster, I don't seem to have temp control. When I push the button for it, the fan goes to high (understandable), and it blows full hot unless I put the temp to "LO", and if I do that it blows cold (outside temp) air. So my choices are roast or freeze. Or switch it on and off a lot.

I can't say that it did (or didn't) operate like this before, I've only used the defrost a few times for a short time. We've had a lot of cold rain the last couple days and I've needed to use it a lot.

Is this normal?
I looked in the owner's manual, but there's no mention of temp control during defroster operation.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Perhaps the auto button is on?
Old 01-08-2016, 08:45 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

Just run it in Auto or manual depending on humidity and select the up arrow. I usually have it direct at the windshield and my feet. Only when it is real cold do I also select the center vents. In Auto it will do it's own thing. There are lots of combinations, Econ just kills the compressor (which is already shut off in cold weather, around 37'F I think), I usually run in Econ (relatively low humidity, even here in Washington) and manual direct the air up and down.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:14 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Joe
I have an 05 CTT. The climate control works fine during normal operation.

But when I use the windshield defroster, I don't seem to have temp control. When I push the button for it, the fan goes to high (understandable), and it blows full hot unless I put the temp to "LO", and if I do that it blows cold (outside temp) air. So my choices are roast or freeze. Or switch it on and off a lot.

I can't say that it did (or didn't) operate like this before, I've only used the defrost a few times for a short time. We've had a lot of cold rain the last couple days and I've needed to use it a lot.

Is this normal?
I looked in the owner's manual, but there's no mention of temp control during defroster operation.
That's because you're using the defrost button. It's a special button for the purpose of getting ice or frost off the windshield as fast as possible.

If you just want air coming out of the windshield vents at normal operation, use the up arrow above the button with the vent icon.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 304 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
That's because you're using the defrost button. It's a special button for the purpose of getting ice or frost off the windshield as fast as possible.

If you just want air coming out of the windshield vents at normal operation, use the up arrow above the button with the vent icon.
Ok thanks.

I'm used to using the "defrost" as a defogger setting. And having the temp adjustable with it.

The "up" button seems to be more of what I want for what I'm dealing with (damp & rainy fogging up the windshield & front door windows).

Quick Reply: 955 Windshield Defrost Question