Sponsored by:

Oh the sacreligious use....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh the sacreligious use....

I tried to load these on another board, John D was kind enough to help me out. Of course he may regret that now...

So PAG targeted the Pepper to a broader market spectrum of their sports cars. Many on this forum equipped their trucks with 22" wheels, polish their cars With 4 componant Zaino and treat their Peppers with the respect it deserves. Then there is the other side of the spectrum, where I am....

My aftermarket equipment included a bra, a tow ball holder and three experienced quilted moving blankets from nationally known firms (who I won't mention).

Complaints? So far.. none. Except for that new car smell... It took me two days to get rid of it - mineral spirits did the trick(kidding).

This pic is from a day in the office: the wheel barrow was used for the cement to set the posts that were hauled in my mule. I would say that 6 4x4x8 or 10 posts were limit (PAG engineers take note) to carry in the indention formed by the center of the folded up rear seat. The rear window latch fit my bungee nicely to prevent window slam. Additionally, the tennis racquet is there in case another old goat wants to hit a few.

The water at Lake Tahoe is very low in September and launching can be a problem because you have to go way deep on the ramp (or past it into sand). The car has to be high enough to clear the ramp concrete end (the Pepper was at max height) and the front wheels may have to pull the car & boat out (since rear wheels are in sand). The Pepper was perfect....

Old 10-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Received 283 Likes on 123 Posts
Default You're zero for 2 on the pics.

Do try again; I'd love to see your mule. (Mine looks just great after that multiple-Zaino-products polishing.)

:-)
Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 PM
GM Austin
Pro

Default Other Side of the Spectrum

Hey Torags, I'm there with you! People can't believe I drive the Cayenne off-road. They look at me like I am crazy. I explain that the Cayenne is a very nice off-road vehicle. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have bought it. And those brush scratches along the side? That's just part of it. You can't get too worried about that stuff. It will interfere with the enjoyment of the car.

But about that bra; that kinda goes against the theme here doesn't it?

Last edited by GM Austin; 03-04-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

GM Austin, man those scratches. Looks the way my Suburban used to look from busting brush on the South Texas ranches I had hunting leases on. Man I don't think I am up to busting brush in the Cayenne yet but not against going down the beach or off road with it.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Say GM, I think the owner of Zaino is going to have a heart attack. Those brush marks require a seventeen step process....

I'm with you. The car serves me, not the other way around (no judgements here - just IMHO). Enjoy...
Old 10-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Default Way to go, boys and girls.

I too am with you. I've had it off pavement a couple times and will have it in southwestern Colorado, on some maybe-scary trails, starting Saturday on a fall-colors foto trip.

I too have to laugh at those who are surprised I drive it off pavement. 'That's why I bought it', I usually say. I offered to haul a friend's bicycle home the other day. 'Aren't you afraid you'll scratch your car?', he said. I laughed and we stuck his bike in the back.

But I can be proud of how gorgeous it looks, too, and that's why I Zaino'd it.

BTW, seems we three all have silver Cs. Am I the only one to have removed the muffler?
Old 10-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Jeff, I haven't removed mine. I'm trying to hear that great radio, unlike my 996 Cab that has a great wind up - but can barely hear the FM.

I got the silver instead of Titanium because it would look better between washes. I saw your album... Great shots & beautiful area. How is the clearance on those oversized.. OK, I hope.

I stuck with what the car came with because the dealer wouldn't give me .05 credit for the OEM tires. I'm getting the Toyos in 10 - 15 K. My Cab rubber is cupped so I'm replacing with the Toyos (thanks for the tip).
Old 10-01-2003, 11:49 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Other Side of the Spectrum

Originally posted by GM Austin
Hey Torags, I'm there with you! People can't believe I drive the Cayenne off-road. They look at me like I am crazy. I explain that the Cayenne is a very nice off-road vehicle. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have bought it. And those brush scratches along the side? That's just part of it. You can't get too worried about that stuff. It will interfere with the enjoyment of the car.

But about that bra; that kinda goes against the theme here doesn't it?
OH MY GOD!!!! Those scratches....I don't think 50 coats of Zaino would help those scratches...That's a body shop clear coat job if I have ever seen one. GM, I commend you...You are truly using the Pepper to it's fullest potential...I treat mine like it's my wife...No domestic abuse...he he he
Old 10-02-2003, 12:14 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Still have my muffler Jeffrey. I like the sound just fine. I may drive it like a sportscar at times but I don't think of it in that way. It wouldn't bother me if it was even quieter.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Default Torag, the tires haven't found...

...a single spot to rub on---I guess they're just not very resourceful!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:01 AM
geoffucla
Instructor

Ha! That's why I got mine in white--very difficult to see those brush scratches! It's funny--I get the same thing all the time: "You take that thing off road!?!" Just like you all, my reply is, "that's partly what I got it for." The other part being the on-road fun this thing is capable of!

Geoff.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jeffrey Behr
...a single spot to rub on---I guess they're just not very resourceful!
You're plain lucky (as a result of clean livin')......
Old 10-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Ray H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

I love it! I am seriously considering getting a Cayenne when I replace my '99 Land Rover Discovery Series II. If I do, the Cayenne will be used for towing a 1912 Model T Ford and will see off road duty for tracking events.

Quick Reply: Oh the sacreligious use....